Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z270X ULTRA GAMING - i7 6700K - GTX 1060

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmakos01 I have almost the same spec as you do same motherboard and such, i got it installed but when i try to load the desktop it freezes and i was wondering if you can do a video tutorial. if you can not here is some pic's and .u config.plist file see if i am doing something wrong !
IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0139.jpg
IMG_0140.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 255
Hello, almost same hardware system. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but my installation crashes all time when I trying to start to install. Here's my config.plist and screenshot.

I try so many variation but unfortunately unsuccessful,

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.1 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
I am happy to help you with that. I had the same issue and found a post someone posted up. So I have to give him/her credit for that “jimmakos01.

First, go into your BIOS and do the following:

BIOS TAB
BIOS Features > Windows 8/10 Features > Other OS
BIOS Features > Storage Boot Option Control > UEFI Only
BIOS Features > Boot Option #1 > UEFI USB Drive​

Peripherals TAB
Initial Display Output > PCIe 1 Slot
Peripherals > XHCI Hand-off > Enable
Network Stack > Disabled​

Chipset TAB
VTd > Disabled
Internal Graphics > Disabled​

Then, go make an macOS X bootable USB installer thumb drive using UniBeast

if you do not know how he is a link > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

So, after the installation, we have to run MultiBeast 9.2.1:

Choose UEFI Boot Mode at quick start.

In the Drivers tab for the audio we must choose ALC1220 and 100 / 200 series audio.

In Misc tab choose FAKESMC, FAKESMC plugins and FAKESMC HARDWARE MONITOR if you want to have statistics for your hakcintosh.

In Network tab we choose IntelMausiethernet v2.3.0

In USB tab, if you have an Intel 7700K, choose increase max port limit 200 series.

In Bootloader tab we choose the third option Clover 2.4 UEFI BOOT MODE + Emulated NVRAM

In Customize tab for the graphics choose NVIDIA WEB drivers boot flag and NVIDIA Graphics fix up

In System Definition for i7 7700K, 18.3​

After all this we select Build and Install. When the Install has completed, re-boot.

Upon reaching the Desktop, run MultiBeast again and only select:
In the Drivers tab for the audio, choose ALC1220 and 100 / 200 series audio again (bug in macOS causes us to do this again), and

Now select Build and Install.
When the MultiBeast installation is complete, reboot. You should now have audio working.

Last edited:
Hey JimmakoS01 and bluesigner,

I've been fairly successful in following these steps, but I think I installed AppleALC.kext, or maybe NVIDIA Drivers wrong. I rebooted and now have this problem when booting. Able to boot in Safe Mode.

Any suggestions?

Gigabyte z270x-Ultra Gaming
Intel core i7-7700k
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060

Here are my errors when booting straight

Attachments

• IMG_6047.jpg
    IMG_6047.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:

I've been fairly successful in following these steps, but I think I installed AppleALC.kext, or maybe NVIDIA Drivers wrong. I rebooted and now have this problem when booting. Able to boot in Safe Mode.

Any suggestions?

Intel core i7-7700k
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060

I wish I can help you out but I'm starting out as well

Any suggestions?

Intel core i7-7700k
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060

Try removing the FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext.

Okay, so a lot seems to be working.

Among a couple of things that don't seem to be working is my Audio. There are no output options available, and the little speaker icon is grey.

I TOTALLY didn't inject AppleALC.kext before the first initial reboot (after Multibeast installations).

I've tried re-running Multibeast to install the ALC1220 drivers, but no luck.

ALSO, as soon as I log into my personal account, after booting, the top status bar is missing until I click finder or bring my mouse up to that area. Is this abnormal?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Okay, so a lot seems to be working.

Among a couple of things that don't seem to be working is my Audio. There are no output options available, and the little speaker icon is grey.

I TOTALLY didn't inject AppleALC.kext before the first initial reboot (after Multibeast installations).

I've tried re-running Multibeast to install the ALC1220 drivers, but no luck.

ALSO, as soon as I log into my personal account, after booting, the top status bar is missing until I click finder or bring my mouse up to that area. Is this abnormal?

Any suggestions?
Easiest way to get alc1220 is using latest appleALC with latest lilu inside clover/kext/other folder.

Easiest way to get alc1220 is using latest appleALC with latest lilu inside clover/kext/other folder.
I've put both AppleALC.kext (Version 1.2.0) and Lilu.kext (Version 1.2.0) into Clover/kext/other, and I still have no output options for Audio.

Also, the original post says to use Kextbeast to load AppleALC.kext, but doesn't specify where. Kextbeast only offers S/L/E and L/E for destinations. So I'm all confused.

Any thoughts? :(

EDIT:

WORKING

I followed this Vanilla Refresh of audio codecs here on ******, and this worked great. Both Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext remained in Clover/kext/other

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back