Contribute
Register

Gigabyte UEFI BIOS + StarTech Firewire PCIe card - Sleep / Wake / Shutdown / Restart Issues thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an F15o beta up, anyone installed yet?

See the last post was December 17th, 2012 and still no solution from Gigabyte.

Here's my 'report':
The problem also appeared on my GA-Z77-DS3H v1.0 F9 using a Dynex FW800/400 PCIe card with an
LSI L-FW643E-6 8P Chipset. This card worked flawlessly on a P35-DS3L/Q9550 rig under 10.4 - 10.6.8!

I tried pulling everything out until I narrowed it down to the FW card. I even did a fresh install on a spare HD with nothing added or modified. NO JOY; with FW card in place, Sleep & Shutdown just won't work properly.
Put everything back to original minus the FW and Sleep/Wake now work correctly.

c'mon Gigabyte, fix your code!

Yup same here, been waiting for a fix for months. I can accept sleep not working, but not being able to shutdown is annoying. I ordered a syba fw card for the meantime.

GA-Z77X-UD5H. Got the same problem whit StarTech Firewire PCIe card PEX1394B3

I just updated to UEFI on my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and had the same boot loop problem with the StarTech Firewire card. Everything else is so much better with UEFI that it didn't bother me too much. But under the old BIOS I was overclocking my CPU. Now with UEFI if I made any changes to the CPU multipliers, I'd just get a blank screen. I had found this thread while troubleshooting my boot loop problems and on a hunch I pulled out the StarTech card then increased my turbo CPU multipliers and suddenly everything worked perfectly. I don't hold out any hope for a fix on my old motherboard, so I just ordered a Syba card.

UPDATE:
Got a Syba SD-PEX30009 PCI-e 1394B/1394A card from Amazon Warehouse Deals ($18).
Installed tonight and everything tested OK. Sleep and Wake now working perfectly
and I've got FW800 again, yipeeee :crazy:

fyi, the card's chipset is the TI XIO2213.

Swede,

After installing the StarTech Firewire PCIe card, I was able to solve the Shutdown/Restart issue on Gigabyte boards where the option "PME Event Wake Up" (Power Management Settings) is present.
As you already pointed out in your article dated August 7th, 2012, disabling the PME option solves many unwanted Restart issues. On a GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 board the issue is solved, but on a UEFI based GA-Q77M-D2H the option is missing and I don't know what to do next...

Same problem here with GA-Z77x-UD5H F8 BIOS version. Doesn't bother me too much but i'd prefer not to crawl under my desk every night to power off :p

Well at least i have FW800 for my soundcard working perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back