Contribute
Register

Gigabyte H470M USB 2.0 port mapping 11.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System/Laptop make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 6870
I'm having problems trying to map the USB 2.0 ports on this install.

I'm using Open Core 0.8.8. I tried installing the USBInjectAll kext, several versions including 0.7.3 and 0.7.5 and enabling the XhciPortLimit quirk using OCAuxillaryTools. Hackintool shows only 12 ports, 6 USB 2.0 and 6 USB 3.0. Only the XHC controller shows up. None of the USB 2.0 only ports show up or work at all. There are 2 of those on the MB back panel and 2 are on the front panel of my case connected to the MB jumper.

I read in the MB FAQ that if you disable USB 2.0 support in BIOS then you are limited to 12 ports total. But I don't see that option in this BIOS to enable or disable. Legacy USB support is enabled, XHCI Hand-off is enabled (I tried disabled), USB Mass Storage Driver Support is enabled. I also tried using the #2 USB header on the MB for the front panel.

I checked the ports using Linux mint and all of them work.

As for the config.plist I'm using the stock one for iMac20,1. The only thing I had to add was framebuffer /connector data in PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0).

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    41.8 KB · Views: 23
I was able to figure it out.

I had to use USBMap (USBMap) instead of the USBInjectAll. I then used hackintool to check my work.

All the ports on my setup work now. All the USB 3.0 can do 2.0 as well.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 44
I was able to figure it out.

I had to use USBMap (USBMap) instead of the USBInjectAll. I then used hackintool to check my work.

All the ports on my setup work now. All the USB 3.0 can do 2.0 as well.

Well done. :thumbup:

Out of interest, let me give you a bit more info should you need it in future.

The Intel H470 chipset has 14x available physical USB ports - 8x USB3.2 and 6x USB2-only. So as the USB3.2 ports can also act as USB2 too, that makes a total number of USB ports 22x. However, in your case Gigabyte appears to have only activated 6x USB3.2 ports, one of which is USB-C, making the total 18x.

In your USBMap.kext the USB ports which are physically USB3.2 - i.e blue - should be set to UsbConnector type "3", even for their HS** personalities - except for the USB-C port which is 9 or 10 and you've done that. You should only use "0" for the black or Internal USB2-only ports. This is because we are configuring the number of contacts within the plug, with this variable.

USBInjectAll will only work to open-up all the available physical and virtual ports if it is a version written for the system-definition you are using - iMac20,1 in this case. Then, depending on which version of macOs you are using, may or may not need the XhciPortLimit quirk to be set in the config.plist.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back