Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GC-Alpine Ridge 2.0 Thunderbolt 3 Card in Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 + i7-8700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CaseySJ, with your files result is the same - not working hot plug (swap), empty in PCI list and first need to start in windows to see thunderbolt SSD device in Mac :(

you try with the THB_C cable connected or without? I try with connected

May be something wrong with SSDT files? modified files I just copy to /efi/clover/acpi/patched. May be I need to do something else? Mac OS X 10.13.6

@CaseySJ, with your files result is the same - not working hot plug (swap), empty in PCI list and first need to start in windows to see thunderbolt SSD device in Mac :(

you try with the THB_C cable connected or without? I try with connected

May be something wrong with SSDT files? modified files I just copy to /efi/clover/acpi/patched. May be I need to do something else? Mac OS X 10.13.6
My Designare Z390 motherboard has Thunderbolt 3 built in, so there's no THB_C cable. But the cable should be plugged in. Because you posted your IOReg, I'll take a look at it later this evening.

@Ferz2019,

Attached is the modified Thunderbolt 3 SSDT for your device on PCI0.RP21. Two questions:
  1. What slot is the card plugged into? I've assumed Slot 4, but this can be changed.
  2. Is this the GC-Alpine Ridge or GC-Titan Ridge card? I've assumed GC-Alpine Ridge.
Finally, this has not been tested because I do not have your motherboard or the TB3 card, so please try it and see. You'll have to delete any other Thunderbolt 3 SSDT, but keep the existing SSDT-DTPG.aml.

Attachments

• SSDT-Z370-AORUS-Gaming-TB3HP-SLOT4.aml
    6.2 KB · Views: 168
@CaseySJ, ok I need just download, replace file, reboot and try?

1. I connected to the lastest pci-ex x4 slot (see attach for details). it's ok or i need to connect it to pci-ex8 in the middle right after videocard?
  2. alpine ridge rev. 2.0

Attachments

• mb_manual_z370-aorus-gaming-7_e.pdf (стр. 7 из 144) 2019-02-21 09-41-52.png
    mb_manual_z370-aorus-gaming-7_e.pdf (стр. 7 из 144) 2019-02-21 09-41-52.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 182
@CaseySJ, ok I need just download, replace file, reboot and try?

1. I connected to the lastest pci-ex x4 slot (see attach for details). it's ok or i need to connect it to pci-ex8 in the middle right after videocard?
  2. alpine ridge rev. 2.0
Please keep the card where it is right now as long as it is in any of the 3 long slots. No need to move to a different slot. If you move the card to different slot, the SSDT will not work.

Just let me know which slot it’s in...the one in the middle or the one at the bottom? The slot number text string in the SSDT is for informational purposes only, so the SSDT can be used right now. If the card is in a different slot, I’ll send a different SSDT.

@CaseySJ, I have alpine ridge at the bottom in the PCI-EX4 like in a screen that I attached (the red arrow shows the slot). Unfortunately your SSDT don't work for me :( but in windows all works fine. I'm going to reinstall Mac OS X and try again. BTW, I used 10.13 high Sierra version. May be I used different version of bios? anybody have Gaming 7 z370 here?

Attachments

• mb_manual_z370-aorus-gaming-7_e.pdf (стр. 7 из 144) 2019-02-21 09-41-52.png
    mb_manual_z370-aorus-gaming-7_e.pdf (стр. 7 из 144) 2019-02-21 09-41-52.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 119
@CaseySJ, I have alpine ridge at the bottom in the PCI-EX4 like in a screen that I attached (the red arrow shows the slot). Unfortunately your SSDT don't work for me :( but in windows all works fine. I'm going to reinstall Mac OS X and try again. BTW, I used 10.13 high Sierra version. May be I used different version of bios? anybody have Gaming 7 z370 here?
Referring back to Post #23, have you already downloaded and installed the Gigabyte Alpine Ridge driver for Windows and Apple's Bootcamp drivers for Windows?

Because I do not have direct experience with the GC-Alpine Ridge card, my ability to troubleshoot problems is limited to the information present in this thread.

Referring back to Post #23, have you already downloaded and installed the Gigabyte Alpine Ridge driver for Windows and Apple's Bootcamp drivers for Windows?

Because I do not have direct experience with the GC-Alpine Ridge card, my ability to troubleshoot problems is limited to the information present in this thread.
Hello again! Yes, I have installed the windows driver (from windows all works perfectly) and bootcamp 5.0 for windows from this archive right as said at post #23. And I have files ssdt-dtpg.aml and yours SSDT-Z370-AORUS-Gaming-TB3HP-SLOT4.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

I don't know what the difference between my config and yours. we both have alpine ridge rev 2.0...

only in motherboard? bios version? do you have high Sierra or mohave?

@Ferz2019,

Attached is the modified Thunderbolt 3 SSDT for your device on PCI0.RP21. Two questions:
  1. What slot is the card plugged into? I've assumed Slot 4, but this can be changed.
  2. Is this the GC-Alpine Ridge or GC-Titan Ridge card? I've assumed GC-Alpine Ridge.
Finally, this has not been tested because I do not have your motherboard or the TB3 card, so please try it and see. You'll have to delete any other Thunderbolt 3 SSDT, but keep the existing SSDT-DTPG.aml.

Hello CaseySJ. F7 over here. So, no need for a separate SSDT-DTGP.aml for your patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back