Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H / Yosemite 10.10.4 / Clover - Constant Freeze/Crash Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
enable onboard first make sure its set to 64m then make sure your injecting intel in Clover then take out your card and plug in your monitor to onboard graphics if it boots to the desktop and no crashes then its either a kexts issue or a defective card. Make sure so boot with -v i forgot to mention also disable vt-D having that enabled causes kernel panics also

Okay I will try this when I get a moment.

I have a similar board as you. Disable VT-d and disable Wake on Lan.

Thanks for this. I tried it as well (I wasn't aware this should be tried for Clover as I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but had already tried this with Multibeast). After disabling VT-D and WOL, it actually appears worse now (crashes quicker) so not sure that was it.

----

NOTE

Since last week, my new HDD and copy of windows 8.1 arrived. I was able to install Windows without issue, and use it. Then, I applied updates it asked for, which included Nvidia Drivers.

After getting those installed, now it crashes again, always with a video error.

So, it appears the hardware (or, port on the motherboard) is bad as the same issue is happening in a brand new install of Windows 8.1, as well as with Clover/OSX.

I'll try it in another port to see if it's the card or the motherboard, but i believe it to be the card is the issue now. I've started a return process with Newegg, but haven't heard anything back yet from them.

I'll update the thread when I have new information / testing done.

Thanks everyone!

Hi Flewid,

Same config, same problems. any news ?

Hi Flewid,

Same config, same problems. any news ?

Sorry, I forgot to reply - I had turned the computer off, changed the video port of the card, and then also enabled the onboard video, booted up, all ran well, shut down, and then disabled onboard, and booted it back up and it seems to have been stable for a month or two now.

Thanks for the reply, i'll try tomorrow to place the GTX on pcie2 even if it's slower and do what you said. Do you feel the slowness of the pcie2 ?.
I really hope i'll have another one for this fat "question"

For now, i'm running on Yosemite installed with unibeast and multibeast GraphicsEnabler=no nvda_drv=1
It works very well until it freeze. Sometimes after the boot, sometimes after 2-3-4h.
And everytime i get out of sleep mode, it freeze after 1-3 minutes. And sometimes sound does not work.
My RAT 5 mouse is not working until i launch the MAD CATZ prefpane trough the spotlight search.

So, i want to install it with clover to get a stable beast. I learned that Clover is stablefriendly

However i can't reach the OSX install screen at the first boot. After launching the USB with Clover, it always stop at 1/3 at the white apple on black screen and reboot.

I tried all the BIOS configuration i've seen (Optimized bios, vt-d on and off, GTX/IGP, Clover's config.plist standard/nvidia,......)
Whatever i try, i can't reach the Osx install screen.

And so, by despair, i thought about installing Windows 7 and i had to try many WIN2USB software to finally get to the "blue Winstall-screen" but even i reach the screen to choose on which HDD i want to install it, there are different error at the very beginning of the installation. Anyway i dont want Windows, it was just for information purposes

Any Thought ?

Setup:

GA-Z97X-UD5H
i7 4790K
32gb Crucial 1333mhz
Gtx 970 4gb
SSD 250
HDD 750

Any Thought ?

I also disabled sleep, which seemed to cause issues if I remember correctly. I haven't been using it much as I've been on the road so mainly on laptop, but, the hackintosh has an uptime of 37 days, and the last I rebooted was probably to install win7 and when i swapped the video card.

I'd try swapping the ports on video, as I'm pretty sure that was what fixed it for me.

Oh, and I may have adjusted the timing frequency of the RAM as others have suggested in the thread too as well, but I am not positive on that (been a while).

Thx,

i tried as well to adjust the ram mhz but it only ended by bootcrash. What did you change exactly to the ram mhz ?

Thx,

i tried as well to adjust the ram mhz but it only ended by bootcrash. What did you change exactly to the ram mhz ?

I flipped it from 'auto' to the next lower one (whatever the default is) --- i can't remember for positive if that made any difference though.

Haha, i thought about the fact that's it's may be too old for you to remember what you did.

Do you have any clue about why i can't reach the OSX instal screen with Clover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back