Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H / Yosemite 10.10.4 / Clover - Constant Freeze/Crash Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah u don't need to inject with newer cards when injecting graphics cards that doesn't need to be injected it can cause kernel panics or freezes etc and people say that your card doesn't need nvidia web drivers so id try leaving them disabled and give it another try

thats something to do with Graphics is the card okay in windows?

When using web drivers you should also have the nvda_drv=1 in your boot flags. I didn't see it there in your config.plist. But as has been said before you should be fine using default OS X drivers with the 740.

Is your config.plist that you posted the one you're in fact using? If not do you have generate P and C stated true?

That can be an issue with the 4790K.

Do you get the freezes if you disable turbo boost in BIOS?

thats something to do with Graphics is the card okay in windows?

I haven't had the opportunity to test with a windows machine yet. I was actually beginning to suspect hardware issues so I've ordered another SSD w/ Windows 8.1 so I could test it within that OS.

another thing u could try instead of using clover try Chimera if it works fine with Cimera/Unibeast then its something to do with your config.plist then again do you have CsmVideoDxe-64 which you've installed with Clover?

When using web drivers you should also have the nvda_drv=1 in your boot flags. I didn't see it there in your config.plist. But as has been said before you should be fine using default OS X drivers with the 740.

Oh, okay good to know. I'll leave it on default and see what happens from here. I'm not a gamer or anything so it shouldn't matter for photoshop use I would think. Thanks.

Is your config.plist that you posted the one you're in fact using? If not do you have generate P and C stated true?

That can be an issue with the 4790K.

Yup, that's what I'm using, with the exception of now it's got inject nvidia set to false instead of true.

I'm not sure what you mean by that second part? The P/C portion.

Do you get the freezes if you disable turbo boost in BIOS?

I have not tried this, however, it hasn't crashed since my last post and i've tried opening multiple apps at the same time, closing quickly, opening web, file transfers, dropbox, etc and it hasn't crashed again since.. maybe it's just a fluke but i keep trying to do everything i did before to quickly freeze/crash and it hasn' thappened [yet].

If it does I will try disabling Turbo Boost.

are you booting in UEFI mode or Legacy? also do you have CsmVideoDxe-64?

are you booting in UEFI mode or Legacy? also do you have CsmVideoDxe-64?

I am not sure which mode I am booting in, how do I tell?

I updated the 'locate' database and ran 'locate CsmVideoDxe-64' and it returned no results, where should I be looking for this to double verify?

Also, since turning off turbo boost - now I can make it freeze up SOMETIMES if i open a ton of programs, but instead of crashing, it just returns me to the login screen, and lets me login again and all is well ---- it almost seems like progress has been made!

so i take it your not booting from EFI partition then did you format it to Fat32?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back