Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I have read this thread from the beginning, considering a HD4000 i7 3770 (non-k)build.

But I couldnt find any definitive answer on the apple thunderbolt display working 100% ?
As in I mean, besides proper video, that the sound, camera, usb, ethernet, firewire ports all work as well?

Also, is vt-d completely a wash in this build? no-worky at all?

Also, is vt-d completely a wash in this build? no-worky at all?

At the moment, there is no software support for VT-d under OS X, but that doesn't mean you cannot use VM's. All you need for that is VT-x (Virtualization Technology) enabled in BIOS.

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt HD4000 boot problems

Hi,

I have been digging into this thread and found many usefull information in trying to get this running, but I cannot get my system to boot most of the time. Incidentally it works with boot flag -x.
I included the screenshot with the stackdump, hopefully somebody can shed some light into this.
WP_20130428_001[1].jpg

Furthermore I still have an issue with the monitor not waking up on the initial boot after power on, if I restart the the PC only then the monitor awakes....

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH - firmware F11
i7 3770K
120GB Sandisk SSD
HD4000 graphics
Thunderbolt 27" monitor

Thanks Alfa for your excellent guide!

Recently, I tried to upgrade to 10.8.3 but failed. The system cannot start up and just hanged.
Is there any tips to do the upgrade after following all of your previous instructions?

Thanks a lot for your advice!:crazy:

I too am having the same problems
had a perfectly running system for about 6 months after following alfa's guide,
attempted to update to 10.8.3 reboot lags at various different spots in verbos

lets work together and fix this 10.8.3 hang up!
during reinstall of unibeast on new hard drive
installer hangs up on a bluetooth error in verbos

Hi,

Furthermore I still have an issue with the monitor not waking up on the initial boot after power on, if I restart the the PC only then the monitor awakes....

i7 3770K
120GB Sandisk SSD
HD4000 graphics
Thunderbolt 27" monitor

I am having a very similar issue with my hack. It was like this before reformat (10.8.2) and after (10.8.3 - did it yesterday).

I just followed Alfa's guide to the word with my system:
i7 3770K
120GB Sandisk SSD
HD4000 graphics

When I boot up, the screen shows the bootloader and then the grey apple loading screen...... then black, computer is on and in mac-os, just no display being sent. Unplugging and re-plugging the monitor fixes all. It is beyond me why this is happening, the monitor believes it is on, it does not go into standby either - as if it is being sent an incompatible signal.

I am using a Dual DVI monitor connected via thunderbolt with an active-displayport-dual-DVI-adaptor (the mac one). My display resolution same as the apple thunderbolt monitor.

Any help would be appreciated greatly. The computer is running flawlessly otherwise, thanks very much for the guide.

Check out some of the Golden Builds build descriptions for the GA-Z77Z-UP5 TH based systems. All that I've read there had no problems upgrading to 10.8.3.

BTW, HacksByAlpha hasn't been here for a month. Two of his sites have been hacked and his Hacks by Alfa web site hasn't had a post for 3 months.

I have tried repeatedly by installing a fresh 10.8.2 and then using the combo update to 10.8.3.

Can't get it to work no matter what I try. Have I tried.."this?" Have I tried "this?", Have I tried "that?" Yes, yes, and yes. All tried and well documented. I have reams of documented failures.

I am just so frustrated by this expensive pile of hardware sitting in my living room - useless for 3 months now - that I am ready to put it on the curb.

I know that it is taboo to offer payment for assistance, so I would never do that, instead I will probably just part the thing out on EBay and bid this fine forum adieu.

One last hope...has anyone had success with a direct installation of 10.8.3 instead of using the upgrade route?

(Before you ask...yes I want 10.8.3 as required by the current FCP X.)

Oh...10.8.4 will be out soon! Oh happy days!

Rick

I have tried repeatedly by installing a fresh 10.8.2 and then using the combo update to 10.8.3.

Can't get it to work no matter what I try. Have I tried.."this?" Have I tried "this?", Have I tried "that?" Yes, yes, and yes. All tried and well documented. I have reams of documented failures.

I am just so frustrated by this expensive pile of hardware sitting in my living room - useless for 3 months now - that I am ready to put it on the curb.

I know that it is taboo to offer payment for assistance, so I would never do that, instead I will probably just part the thing out on EBay and bid this fine forum adieu.

One last hope...has anyone had success with a direct installation of 10.8.3 instead of using the upgrade route?

(Before you ask...yes I want 10.8.3 as required by the current FCP X.)

Oh...10.8.4 will be out soon! Oh happy days!

Rick

there are different things when you use a I73770 NOT K
must be disabled VT-d in bios

under 10.8.3 must start on the HD4000 graphics card in bios IGFX

then after the first start you must replaced the HD4000 kexts of 10.8.3 through 10.8.2 for those in power then started directly on the PEG graphics card in bios

for the sleep of the computer work you must disable the xHCI in the bios (all usb ports are operated by USB2)

if we want to have US3 ports and the work you must sleep added a PCIE Asmedia 1042 usb 3.0 card

kexts replaced its here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-youtube-green-screen-crashes.html#post595934View attachment Extra.zip

I'll put my extra folder that you can use with bios F11, I7 3770

THE SMBIOS 6.2 macmini is what is best for the i7 3770
View attachment Extra.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back