Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say thanks for all the tips, esp this one as I've got a 99% identical build.

- I've given up trying to get the iogear bluetooth working with an Apple Trackpad - it doesn't wake from sleep gracefully at all
- I've reset everything on the MO Bios to Optimized Settings for the F11 firmware, no changes from that at all
- I've OC to 4.4 stock voltage
- Getting Geekbench 2 64 bit score of 16240

The only quirk is it sleeps and wakes fine after a restart just fine. But it won't go to sleep again after that. Needs a reboot to reset it.

UPDATE:
- Disable CPU Overvoltage in the Advanced settings fixed the sleep and wake issues
- IOGear BT4.0 now works fine

Just wanted to say thanks for all the tips, esp this one as I've got a 99% identical build.

- I've given up trying to get the iogear bluetooth working with an Apple Trackpad - it doesn't wake from sleep gracefully at all
- I've reset everything on the MO Bios to Optimized Settings for the F11 firmware, no changes from that at all
- I've OC to 4.4 stock voltage
- Getting Geekbench 2 64 bit score of 16240

The only quirk is it sleeps and wakes fine after a restart just fine. But it won't go to sleep again after that. Needs a reboot to reset it.
for bluetooth I use Jabra A320s BT Stereo USB Adaptor v2, it works very well

for sleep is difficult on this motherboard is different according to the type of processor

overclock can cause problem of sleep on some computer
For my part to make it work with my i73770 I must disable the xHCI in bios, after it works perfectly

I have tried repeatedly by installing a fresh 10.8.2 and then using the combo update to 10.8.3.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there a reason why you MUST have 10.8.3? Or do you mean that 10.8.2. doesn't work either?

10.8.3 is required for the recent FCP X updates.

I imagine that I'll have to upgrade to 10.8.4 when tat comes out, too.

In meantime, I have no working computer other than my mini that I'm using at the moment.

It really sux. I hope that Alfa returns with a 10.8.3 solution soon!

Rick

10.8.3 is required for the recent FCP X updates.

I imagine that I'll have to upgrade to 10.8.4 when tat comes out, too.

In meantime, I have no working computer other than my mini that I'm using at the moment.

It really sux. I hope that Alfa returns with a 10.8.3 solution soon!

Rick

hi if you are not able to run the 10.8.3, I do not think you'll make it more avaec the 10.8.4

can you give more details about your problem

arrives you start a USB key to install the system?
What's the error that's displayed when you start with-v?

what is the last line or it crashes?

For my part to make it work with my i73770 I must disable the xHCI in bios, after it works perfectly

I've identified the culprit:
- Disable CPU Overvoltage in the Advanced settings fixed the sleep and wake issues
- I didn't need to disable xHCI, in fact I need USB3 so disabling that was not an option, that's set toe ENABLED in Bios

Thanks everyone

I've identified the culprit:
- I didn't need to disable xHCI, in fact I need USB3 so disabling that was not an option, that's set toe ENABLED in Bios

Thanks everyone
I am sorry if I am bumping you but like to get going here
Got Motherboard GA-z77x-up5 come with 11 Bois version Update to 12e
after reading this Forum Follow all step on the first page of this Forum to setup BOIS I am using onboard Graphic card MY CPU is Intel Core i5-2400s
Ram is 12GB 1067 MHZ DDR3

Open box it Freeze at Apple logo
After reading this forum setup Bois no luck same problem

Any Idea why

nerdy416

for cpu sandy bridge may have to be used the patch cpupowermanagement started with the USB key, and install the patch
IntelHD 2000 is not compatible Mac osx , disable intelhd in bios , there must be compatible video card in the computer instead of intelhd
Installer-MultiBeast - copie.jpg

Currently working on a 10.8.3 guide. I need to work on one more part then it'll be finished. I also have a guide for 10.8.4 ready for when it's released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back