Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Anyone with a Thunderbolt display in this system?

Ive got a hackintosh running with a z77x-up5 th with i7 3770, but thunderbolt display doesnt work properly

Sometimes get recognized well, but other I have to make hotswap just to see the desktop.....

Ive tried a lot of things.....

Thanks

Thanks to Alfa for his fantastic guides.

Alfa: do you intend to release an update for 10.8.3?

I'm having a b*&ch of a time getting it working!

Rick

i just built a similar system myself but for the life of me i can't get the bootloader to work. just working off my onboard graphics right now, boots off my unibeast stick just fine, but the second i install chimera/chameleon them i get stuck at the apple logo with the spinning progress bar.

i've disabled vtd, is there any other suggestions someone can chime in on?

i'm on f11 right now

running 10.8.2

just trying to keep it as basic as I can now. and when i go to graphics in system profiler it just says integrated graphics and not hd4000. is there a way to get it to show like that?

Hello,

So i'm running the same motherboard and running a GTX 680 with not much variation beyond that. However when i go to install it works great however upon rebooting to my flash drive i'm getting stuck at the Audio part.

It varies between being stuck at IOBluetoothHCIController start and sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1056.

I've booted in both verbose and single user mode and not sure how to get around to finally using multibeast to install my drivers to make it work without all this hassle.

any help would be appriciated.

I'd Just like to add something about the audio here in case anyone else had the same problem.
I unplugged my audio cable to my logitech desktop speakers from the green port, and moved to the black port.
Then I went into the audio settings, and I changed to the second Line Out. I changed where the system sound effects come out of as well, to the second line out.

Success! I now have CLEAN audio, and the sound plays as needed.

Thanks so much for the tip!!! :D

So, I have my Hackintosh set up using this guide. I have a Zotac GTX570 and Intel HD 4000 graphics. However, the only way to get it to boot is to set the intel HD as my primary graphics adapter, because once I get to the apple logo, the GTX570 will stop outputting a signal if it's set as the primary. I tried every possible combo in the bios settings, and it does the same thing. I need to change it, or disable the integrated graphics so After effects will recognize the GTX570 instead of the Intel HD 4000.

Any ideas?

I tried with a HD2000 proc (i5 2500). I get the error "No root device found" when trying to boot with verbose.

Any clue how to solve this? I would like to use the HD2000.

So, I have my Hackintosh set up using this guide. I have a Zotac GTX570 and Intel HD 4000 graphics. However, the only way to get it to boot is to set the intel HD as my primary graphics adapter, because once I get to the apple logo, the GTX570 will stop outputting a signal if it's set as the primary. I tried every possible combo in the bios settings, and it does the same thing. I need to change it, or disable the integrated graphics so After effects will recognize the GTX570 instead of the Intel HD 4000.

Any ideas?

The way I do it now - (with a GTX570) is to turn off the intel graphics in bios and have the slot 1 PEG as primary card. Then boot with your usb unibeast build and use the flags PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes to continue booting the usb. Once you've installed OSX you'll reboot and then you select your mac hard drive from the chimera boot options and type the following flags in again PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes then start the boot.

Once you run Multibeast using the options mentioned in here those flags are added to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and you won't need to type them again.

I tried with a HD2000 proc (i5 2500). I get the error "No root device found" when trying to boot with verbose.

Any clue how to solve this? I would like to use the HD2000.
Well, since your Profile indicates you have Ga-Z77-DS3H / i5-3570K / GTX 670 system and considering this thread is for the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard and you want to use HD2000 which Apple never supported in OS X, I doubt anybody can help you.

All, I've updated my Thunderball system to 10.8.3 w/o any problems. See my Thunderball build description for details. :thumbup:

There is a Wifi/Bluetooth card that comes included with the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard. Has anybody been able to make these work?

David

i7 3770K
GA-Z77X-UP5 th
650 TI
240GB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back