Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming and GA-Z270X-UD5 Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
@barsqiue
I figured it out. In BIOS/Peripherals/Thunderbolt turn "user authorization" to "no security". USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 worked immediately after that.

The Thunderbolt BIOS picture you posted has "user authorization" turned on. I was reluctant to mess with the settings since you posted it working with that setting turned on.

I fixed all my other problems by copying my kexts, drivers64uefi, and config from USB stick's EFI and pasting everything over my system's UEFI. The kexts/drivers64uefi/config all came from @barsqiue.

Thanks!

BTW, if you own disk drill, you can easily mount hidden drives like efi-s

I went home, shut down my machine, plugged in the thunderbolt/apollo, booted... still says "no drivers".
I then tried Multibeast... still says no drivers.

Hi, Barsqiue, any chance you can provide a guide to get the Thunderbolt 3 working?

Hi! Excuse me for not being around recently!

There was no specific step that I remember that made TH3 work, except one. I've install last Thunderbolt 3 drivers under Windows. Then I made sure Apollo works under Win10 (hot swap is possible, btw), then I played around with UEFI settings until I bumped into working Apollo under macOS (no hot swap, unfortunatlely).

Attachments

• 170620083035.png
    170620083035.png
    299.7 KB · Views: 554
  • 170620083124.png
    170620083124.png
    293.3 KB · Views: 508
Hello Barsqiue

I'm keenly interested in your experience since my objective is to build the most powerful and latest hackintosh for audio production and it appears you've arrived at a very nice configuration.

I'm happy to hear you've gotten Thunderbolt 3 up and running with your Apogee. Could I ask what kind of DAW you're using and if you're experiencing any performance, latency or reliability issues?

Hi!

Actually, I'm not using Apogee, I use RME Fireface UFX via USB and Apollo Twin Duo via Thunderbolt 3 only for UA plugins.

I'm working in Logic Pro X, I'll try latest version tonight. Everything is quite stable, but once or twice in a week I face with crashes and message says it was because Eiosis DeEsser from Slate's Everything Bundle.

I mix only ITB. Overall perfomance is very impressive, when I reach CPU limit at [email protected], I'm applying [email protected] (or something around that) OC, which can save me from printing effects and freezing tracks.

I'm very interested in upcoming Intel CPUs and news about 6,8,10 cores and potential perfomance made me wonder if I rushed badly into Kaby Lake. But currently announced chipsets look like engineered in a hurry and got none onboard TH3 ports, TH3 is available only via PCI card.

@barsqiue
I figured it out. In BIOS/Peripherals/Thunderbolt turn "user authorization" to "no security". USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 worked immediately after that.

The Thunderbolt BIOS picture you posted has "user authorization" turned on. I was reluctant to mess with the settings since you posted it working with that setting turned on.

I fixed all my other problems by copying my kexts, drivers64uefi, and config from USB stick's EFI and pasting everything over my system's UEFI. The kexts/drivers64uefi/config all came from @barsqiue.

Thanks!

BTW, if you own disk drill, you can easily mount hidden drives like efi-s

Hi, I'm gald you made it through!:) Excuse me for not being able to help in time.

I'm using 'User Autorisation' security level, but 'no security' also works.

@barsqiue
Hmm I couldn't get thunderbolt 3 to work until I turned user authorization to no security. As soon as I changed that it popped up immediately.

My ethernet network, and MoBo digital audio spdif are untested.

My last issue, as far as I know, my usb 3.0 ports don't work but my usb 2 and 3.1 port do. Did you have that issue?
I'll download your latest efi and copy things cover into mine after I back mine up. You've been a great help. I have a really great mac now.

I fixed NMVe m.2 by using a copy of my mac mini's already backed up bootable el capitan on a usb portable. The machine booted right from it with some visual glitches but I used that to format the NVMe and then my clover/sierra could see it. No windows needed.

BTW, I overclocked my 7700k to 5Ghz using this guide from gigabyte https://view.joomag.com/gigabyte-z2...series-overclocking-guide/0767815001483933769 . 21750 geekbench. I'll leave that temporarily, no need to keep it at 5Ghz.

Thanks again ;)

Hi, I'm gald you made it through!:) Excuse me for not being able to help in time.

I'm using 'User Autorisation' security level, but 'no security' also works.

Thanks @barsqiue for the Kexts and Instructions.

I have Z270X-UD5 and Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt working well right now. USB 3.0 is a little finicky, some ports work some doesn't. But otherwise very good system.

I have a bit of budget constraints so currently I only have 8GB RAM and i5-7500. But majority of the sessions I can handle.

Took a while, but its working. So thanks.

I just tested the Gigabyte Z270X-UD5 with Sierra 10.12.3 and Thunderbolt 3 port worked as expected without any Windows configuration. I used Startech Thunderbolt 3 > Thunderbolt adapter and Apple Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter.

View attachment 236467

As usual, however- no hot swap- devices must be plugged at boot.

Config.plist attached for reference.

This my first build and first time using your applications Clover, Uni/MultiBeast, kexts.
I've followed a couple build guides step by step including your "NEW / TESTING Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS", but don't know how to add specific code commands into clover that are in the code (text) boxes you provide.

Can you tell me how to setup the config.p list step by step? I have this exact board Gigabyte Z270XUD5 with the i7 7700K. I've been able to go through the installation process. But after going through MultiBeast & kext app, it keeps automatically resetting at the Clover boot screen.

Using the config.p list you uploaded, would I still need to download the other kext files like FakePCID/FakeSMC or are these included.

My Setup:
Intel i7 7700K
Gigabyte Z270X UD5 Motherboard
EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Samsung 950 Evo M.2
Western Digital Red HDDS | Not Connected
NZXT H440 Case

1080 is a NO for sure! :p

Try this: config.plist I have the same setup with you and it worked.

I'm having the same issues with it rebooting automatically at the Apple screen after the install. Can you tell me what bios, kext files and clover settings you used to get it to work?

For the config.plist you uploaded, do I delete the one in my efi folder and paste in yours afterwards?
I'm a noobie is and this is my first build so I'm learning as I go. I've been trying to set it up for over a week now with no luck.

My Setup:
Intel I7 7700K
Gigabyte Z270X UD5
EVGA GTX960 ACW
Samsung 960 Evo
Samsung 850 Evo

Please let me know how it goes. I just updated my old Hackintosh system with a Gigabyte Z270x UD5 and cannot boot past clover screen. Clover won't even boot into the Windows 10 or 7 drives that I have installed. I'm hoping that it is an easy oversight that can be fixed quickly.
Did spoof your CPUid to be a 6700k?

also did you install windows with a GPT (GUID) partition scheme? I suggest multiple drives for Mac and Windows and Install Mac first (Correct Bios Settings, Spoof CPUid, Boot with flag -v (verbose) to see your error and change the CPU to spoof a 6700 if you have a 7700. Then find a guide that matches your mobo and config as best as possible and follow the guide to the T within Multibeast. Then deal with Kexts, Nvidia Drivers work perfectly, though you do not inject Nvidia. Never Clover Config versions have a NvidiaWeb option under the System Parameters pane. From there unplug or disable the clover/MacOS boot Drive. Install windows normally but from a USB designed for GPT not MBR (google how to do it, i forgot). Or if windows is installed and was installed MBR (Master Boot Record), there is a way to convert it to boot via UEFI. Clover is looking for EFI partitions, not legacy BIOS partitions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back