Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

f11 bios works with your efi 0.71

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 4.33.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 4.33.04 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
  • dp f11 ioreg.ioreg
    10 MB · Views: 36
f12g ioreg. works fine with oc .071. ...everything good with oc .071 from f11 onwards

bios f2 will not boot at all with oc configed.

ok let me know if anything changes, have no idea why this thunderbolt is not working ..i have sip disable atm as well

thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 4.44.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 4.44.32 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • vision dp f12g ioreg.ioreg
    10.1 MB · Views: 42
@mrfatcatt,

The three IOReg files show that BIOF F12g and F12l have the expected DSDT device tree for Thunderbolt -- namely, GPP1 --> PT02 --> PT20.
  • But the Thunderbolt SSDT did not take effect because the sub-device names did not change to NHI0, UPSB, DSB0, etc.
  • However, even if the names change, it does not mean Thunderbolt will work.
  • The Thunderbolt SSDT is not necessary to make Thunderbolt work. The SSDT is only necessary to enable hot plug.
  • So if a device that is connected before boot does not show up after macOS is booted, it means there is a more fundamental problem.
At this point I do not know what to suggest other than to replace the B550 Vision D-P with its predecessor, the B550 Vision D. If you are outside your product return window, you could try flashing the on-board Thunderbolt controller with NVM 33 from Designare Z390, but there are no guarantees this will work. At this time it seems like a BIOS problem.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 1.53.12 PM.png

I actually think there is an outside chance, contacting Gigabyte could help. I remember with my old z170 board, that I contacted them because the Thunderbolt didn't work with the Gigabyte add-in card. They actually sent me a BIOS a technician wipped up.

So maybe stating that Thunderbolt on the Vision D F10 BIOS works, on the D-P it is broken, and hear if they can do anything?

The Thunderbolt SSDT is not necessary to make Thunderbolt work.

ok i didnt know this, now that I do... let me try a different mac os. Mabey i will try to install Monterey or Catalina or maybe first try 11.5...there is no vt-d like there is on intel 390 designer baord on this amd board i guess?

i think, like i said a while back , when first got the board up i was on 11.2 and it tb worked. there was so much going on it was hard to pinpoint what exactly changed.

so mabey i will see if the apple to ethernet adapter works

im outside the window mabey again. i really dont want to build a new mobo tbh , i still have my alphine ridge card but i think these boards do not have a tb header only that new board that was mentions a few weeks back which u cant buy yet

thanks for the forensic feedback :D

The Thunderbolt SSDT is not necessary to make Thunderbolt work.

ok i didnt know this, now that I do... let me try a different mac os. Mabey i will try to install Monterey or Catalina or maybe first try 11.5...there is no vt-d like there is on intel 390 designer baord on this amd board i guess?

i think, like i said a while back , when first got the board up i was on 11.2 and it tb worked. there was so much going on it was hard to pinpoint what exactly changed.

so mabey i will see if the apple to ethernet adapter works

im outside the window mabey again. i really dont want to build a new mobo tbh , i still have my alphine ridge card but i think these boards do not have a tb header only that new board that was mentions a few weeks back which u cant buy yet

thanks for the forensic feedback :D
Hey Guys,

I'm on 12g and have the regular Vision D and cannot get flashed Thunderbolt to work. Here is my IORegistryExplorer -

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 5.09.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 5.09.28 PM.png
    722.1 KB · Views: 36
Hey Guys,

I'm on 12g and have the regular Vision D and cannot get flashed Thunderbolt to work. Here is my IORegistryExplorer -
You know I'm going to ask this, right? :) Does flashed Thunderbolt work on BIOS F10?

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 7.05.40 PM.png

Yes, it does but unfortunately my reference Radeon 6800 does not :(
I know it's a pain, but alas it's one or the other until Gigabyte gets its act together.

Yes, it does but unfortunately my reference Radeon 6800 does not :(
Did you turn off Resizeable Bar? Also try booting from the 2nd HDMI port on the card.

Back