Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's X79 "Mostro"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried many network drivers ,and only appleintele1000e works, 1 have kp only 1/5 times and only on boot. May be i will replace with NullEthernet because i am using only wifi.
I had problems after update to 10.12.5 , the system want boot because kp on appleintelcpupowermanagement.May be the best way is installing NullCPUPowerManagement before update.

There is small guide how did i fix it.
Boot with -s mode (in clover).
Input in the shell:
Code:
mount -uw /
mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ../
kextcache -update-volume /
reboot

After that system will boot without power management .
I do go to terminal and :
Code:
cd /System/Library/
mv AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext Extensions/
cd Extensions/
chmod -R 755 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
after thet i applied patch that i mentioned
for PowerMangament used sandy bridge-e AppleIntelCpu patch for sierra from insanelymac.

and after that typed in terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -invalidate /

Bit of an update: the ram thing was a mistake in the smbios purely cosmetic.

-Can't seem to get dual gpus working with Sierra and 6,1 system definition. Tried injecting ssdts but that would cause fail at boot. (right before the login screen would normally appear) I'm probably doing something wrong. Oh well had wanted to put a pair of 1080tis in here but a single is as fast as a titan x and titan black combined. But if anyone has any ideas here would appreciate it.

-still need to work out audio (though wasn't a priority as most audio goes through my blackmagic card and needed to get the system up and running for a job in the morning)

-using the generic usbxhci driver for USB 3 which is still intermittent at best. Maybe I'll give the other driver another shot.

-appleintele1000e kext still will randomly kp at boot but the mausi driver didn't seem to support this board's built-in ethernet.

Hello ALG395,

If you have Sierra installed with my BIOS settings etc... and a Titan in Slot 5 with the correct drivers then it should work.
You had to adjust SMBIOS memory to 128 like you did.
I have a OOB working USB 3 card for all my USB so indeed my used USB driver could have been iffy for the on-board which I never use. And dual GFX I never tested. It could be that you would need to install my BIOS file to get it working better. Did you get GeekBench 3 64 score between 38000-42000 depending on settings like me? And for audio just run 120 Audio Command and it should work.

Greetings,

Leonard

Having troubles with power management errors while trying to get 10.12.5 working. Can you explain more on the insanelymac post you were referencing?

Last edited:
Hello ALG395,

If you have Sierra installed with my BIOS settings etc... and a Titan in Slot 5 with the correct drivers then it should work.
You had to adjust SMBIOS memory to 128 like you did.
I have a OOB working USB 3 card for all my USB so indeed my used USB driver could have been iffy for the on-board which I never use. And dual GFX I never tested. It could be that you would need to install my BIOS file to get it working better. Did you get GeekBench 3 64 score between 38000-42000 depending on settings like me? And for audio just run 120 Audio Command and it should work.

Greetings,

Leonard

Hello everyone, @alg395 @leonardvv

Having troubles flashing BIOS with your attached .ROM. Asus EZflash throws an error saying wrong file format and to use .CAP instead. Any idea how to flash with the .ROM?

I'm using your EFI file for 2687w processors and Sierra 10.12.3. Keep getting stuck at AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Here's the screenshot of the error.

Attachments

• IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
Hello everyone, @alg395 @leonardvv

Having troubles flashing BIOS with your attached .ROM. Asus EZflash throws an error saying wrong file format and to use .CAP instead. Any idea how to flash with the .ROM?

I'm using your EFI file for 2687w processors and Sierra 10.12.3. Keep getting stuck at AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. Here's the screenshot of the error.

Asus EZflash will not work best to use AFUWin with a special setting for modified BIOS.
Best to watch Dr Seltsam video and move to the part were he explains the flashing.

And make sure the Graphics card is in Slot 5.
Make sure you have 2 processors installed, just 1 won't work.

And if you can not make it work you can try MSR unlock in Clover...

Asus EZflash will not work best to use AFUWin with a special setting for modified BIOS.
Best to watch Dr Seltsam video and move to the part were he explains the flashing.

And make sure the Graphics card is in Slot 5.
Make sure you have 2 processors installed, just 1 won't work.

And if you can not make it work you can try MSR unlock in Clover...

Graphics card is in slot 5
Both processors are installed and running

I don't have a windows partition on the drive yet, I might try installing windows and flashing the bios with AFUWIN Flasher 4.48. Is there a way to flash BIOS without installing windows?

I am now getting the same error as @alg395 with IOConsoleUsers.

I am using your EFI folder and your ssdt.aml for e5-2687W. I also matched my BIOS with the screenshots you provided. Very confused why this isn't working. I don't care too much about overclocking right now, just want to install OSX 10.12.3.

Thank you for your help and quick response.

Attachments

• IMG_2067-1.JPG
    IMG_2067-1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 159
Graphics card is in slot 5
Both processors are installed and running

I don't have a windows partition on the drive yet, I might try installing windows and flashing the bios with AFUWIN Flasher 4.48. Is there a way to flash BIOS without installing windows?

I am now getting the same error as @alg395 with IOConsoleUsers.

I am using your EFI folder and your ssdt.aml for e5-2687W. I also matched my BIOS with the screenshots you provided. Very confused why this isn't working. I don't care too much about overclocking right now, just want to install OSX 10.12.3.

Thank you for your help and quick response.

You could try check the Asus AICPUPM in clover configurator or uncheck the disable of the msr lock on my config... see picture.

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 23.46.14.png

You could try check the Asus AICPUPM in clover configurator or uncheck the disable of the msr lock on my config... see picture.

View attachment 263986

Here is what the config file looks like on my end, I tried Asus AICPUPM both checked and unchecked with no result.
Do I need to add the kexts to the config.plist file? The kexts are currently in the Kexts>10.12 folder

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 4.12.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 4.12.02 PM.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
So I've been able to boot perfectly. Everything is working, except for dual graphics cards. I was finally able to boot today with two cards installed, one in the 5 slot, and one in slot 7. BUT. The one in slot 5, isn't recognized at all. Whereas normally slot 5 is recognized. Just the fact of having two cards in is screwing it up somehow. I don't know. I think I will eventually just put in a Titan X to replace my two 970s.

Anyway thanks for all the help!

for Leonard ...but i'm new here.
Hello
I have z9pe d8 with 2690 V1 and 32gb dd3 1333 hynix. I can setup my sistem with sierra last version and use your information about setup z9pe d8 with el capitan ?

Thanks a lot Giacomoleopardo!

I got audio and iMessage working.
And borrowed a few config mods from you.
Still can't get Sierra working with my config.
But...
I do have speedstep and turbo working.
Here my geekbench 3 score of 42000 with my 2x2670 at 105 base clock.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/8317225

I made a ssdt.aml for you like I did for myself as thanks with spoofing the 2687w as a haswell v3 and then filling in the v1 specs.
Hope it works for you too.
Here the wetransfer link for the ssdt for 2x 2687w

https://we.tl/vHx16LC5Dq

Ill include my bios to a modded version to unlock msr.

https://we.tl/YDgzkCGU5S

I have speedstep and turbo set in bios.

Here my frankenstein EFI folder too for amusement.

https://we.tl/KseHE8rspe

Good luck!

Leonard

Here a link to 2x 2680v1 ssdt.

https://we.tl/JhORo26yS9

Oh and make sure to install the modded bios from my post above.
I don't think it will work without but you can try ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back