Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's X79 "Mostro"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @leonardvv I'm about to attempt to update my machine (also 2x E5-2670v1) from Yosemite to Sierra later this week as soon as I get a new SSD to back up my current install. (I really want the new Nvidia drivers for Pascal!)

I'm currently running Chameleon, so a bit nervous about the update, but hopefully with your info here I should be able to get it all up and running! I'll update if/when I run into any issues...

Hey @leonardvv I'm about to attempt to update my machine (also 2x E5-2670v1) from Yosemite to Sierra later this week as soon as I get a new SSD to back up my current install. (I really want the new Nvidia drivers for Pascal!)

I'm currently running Chameleon, so a bit nervous about the update, but hopefully with your info here I should be able to get it all up and running! I'll update if/when I run into any issues...

If you use my modded bios and EFi folder ( corrected for your memory amount ) and have a vanilla Sierra with the latest Nvidia web drivers it should be a breeze. You just need to run the audio command to restore audio and your good to go. If it does not work find my bios settings pictures to maybe adjust that a bit.

Stuck on PCI Configuration Begin... I had this before when I first installed OSX on this hack.

I modded the BIOS to unlock the MSR from way back when so I think I should be good. I'll see if I can find your EFI and try that...

I currently have a TON of PCI devices in my machine. (1 Titan X, 1 Titan Black, 1 ATTO Raid Controller, 1 Red-Rocket-X, 1 Blackmagic 4k Extreme) should I pull any of that out?

Stuck on PCI Configuration Begin... I had this before when I first installed OSX on this hack.

I modded the BIOS to unlock the MSR from way back when so I think I should be good. I'll see if I can find your EFI and try that...

I currently have a TON of PCI devices in my machine. (1 Titan X, 1 Titan Black, 1 ATTO Raid Controller, 1 Red-Rocket-X, 1 Blackmagic 4k Extreme) should I pull any of that out?

My EFI is a few posts back in this thread and so are screenshots of my bios settings.
I have 3 cards in my pci slots.
My GTX 750 is in slot 5 and only one graphicscard so maybe if it does not work pull 1 card and leave one in slot 5.

Ok pulled out all my cards and dropped a GTX 610 into slot 5. That got me past PCI Configuration begin but now I crash at the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagment during install.

Do I need null CPUPM for install? I'm using your EFI that was attached to your post.

Ok pulled out all my cards and dropped a GTX 610 into slot 5.
For info, there is no support for the GTX 610 in Sierra.

I was planning on using that only for install but would it be better to just put one of the titans back in?
You may be able to install with the GTX 610 if you boot with nv_disable=1 or maybe even safe mode.

Got past the AICPUPM hang by entering @leonardvv Bios settings from the JPEGs but now I'm hanging at this boot screen as attached.

Can't quite tell what's causing the hang. IOConsoleUsers? AppleHDADriver?

Attachments

• 2017-05-08 16.54.06.jpg
    2017-05-08 16.54.06.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 161
Got past the AICPUPM hang by entering @leonardvv Bios settings from the JPEGs but now I'm hanging at this boot screen as attached.

Can't quite tell what's causing the hang. IOConsoleUsers? AppleHDADriver?
The top line of your image says Mac Pro, which system definition are you using ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back