Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's X79 "Mostro"

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Yosemite I had been using 5,1 as I hadn't seen the fixes for 6,1 disabling display out.
There is some (albeit scant) evidence to suggest that the IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState state is related to Clover.
You might try a different version.

I saw a thread that mentioned that not injecting intel graphics would clear up the issue. Not sure if it did but now I'm KPing at the iokit.IOUSBFamily...

Attachments

• 2017-05-08 17.32.36.jpg
    2017-05-08 17.32.36.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 142
I saw a thread that mentioned that not injecting intel graphics would clear up the issue. Not sure if it did but now I'm KPing at the iokit.IOUSBFamily...
Looks like the mtk driver may be the cause there.

I notice that in the efi kexts folder there's both the genericusbxhci.kext and mxhcd.kext are both required? I've also intermittently gotten AppleIntel1000e panics.

Edit:

Removing mxhcd.kext has gotten me past that hang but now back to the hang at the IOConsoleUsers...

Attachments

• 2017-05-08 18.41.46.jpg
    2017-05-08 18.41.46.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 158
I notice that in the efi kexts folder there's both the genericusbxhci.kext and mxhcd.kext are both required?
No idea - try without them.

I've also intermittently gotten AppleIntel1000e panics.
I would delete it and try IntelMausiEthernet.kext instead.

Edit:

Removing mxhcd.kext has gotten me past that hang but now back to the hang at the IOConsoleUsers...
Did you change Clover versions ?

That is the version of clover that I have installed on my usb installer. I was reading a thread that mentioned this hang is indicative of 10.12.4 and that the only solution thus far is using 10.12.3 install media and updating. Any merit to this? (if so how the heck can I get my hands on a 10.12.3 install media...)

EDIT:

Update - So using a friend's imac I installed 10.12.4 onto an external drive and got boot going for that and thing seem to be good. A bit late to investigate everything but for some reason only 112 of 128 GB ram is showing up and the Wired Memory is telling me 16TB are being used! Something is definitely amiss. Doesn't seem to affect my geekbech 4 scores tremendously as they match what I was getting in Yosemite.

Attachments

• 2017-05-08 23.43.10.jpg
    2017-05-08 23.43.10.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Bit of an update: the ram thing was a mistake in the smbios purely cosmetic.

-Can't seem to get dual gpus working with Sierra and 6,1 system definition. Tried injecting ssdts but that would cause fail at boot. (right before the login screen would normally appear) I'm probably doing something wrong. Oh well had wanted to put a pair of 1080tis in here but a single is as fast as a titan x and titan black combined. But if anyone has any ideas here would appreciate it.

-still need to work out audio (though wasn't a priority as most audio goes through my blackmagic card and needed to get the system up and running for a job in the morning)

-using the generic usbxhci driver for USB 3 which is still intermittent at best. Maybe I'll give the other driver another shot.

-appleintele1000e kext still will randomly kp at boot but the mausi driver didn't seem to support this board's built-in ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back