Contribute
Register

Garrison's Haswell Z87X-UD5H - i7 4770k - HD4600 - 32GB Photoshop Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always boot from the USB installer when doing the installation process.

It might be worth noting that I don't need any boot flags to enter the first stage of the installation process but then need -x to do the second part of the installation. Don't know if that helps?

I've removed RAM when doing my installation or put the bootflag maxmem=4096

Hey WildWillow, trying another clean install just to be sure.

So nothing attached to computer other than, USB Installer, USB keyboard and mouse, HDMI cable.

Boot from USB installer and click USB with bootflag -x GraphicsEnabler=No. Reformat drive with 1 partition, Mac journaled, GUID. Installs no problem.

Computer restarts, select USB as Boot device then click on new Mavericks installation and I'm greeted with this kernel panic! I normally then use -x here to bypass this, is that ok or should I do something else?

Attachments

• 2014-05-12 13.49.03.jpg
    2014-05-12 13.49.03.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 96
Hey WildWillow, trying another clean install just to be sure.

So nothing attached to computer other than, USB Installer, USB keyboard and mouse, HDMI cable.

Boot from USB installer and click USB with bootflag -x GraphicsEnabler=No. Reformat drive with 1 partition, Mac journaled, GUID. Installs no problem.

Computer restarts, select USB as Boot device then click on new Mavericks installation and I'm greeted with this kernel panic! I normally then use -x here to bypass this, is that ok or should I do something else?

No this isn't ok as it won't allow you to install MultiBeast, you can use the maxmem=8192 and -x -v to get to the registration. Also wondering if you could switch off your computer, unplug the mains cable, wait for the light to go out so all the electric is distinguished. Remove two sticks of Ram leaving one dual memory channel (2x8GB) in. Place the other two on a non static surface in the mean time. Restart to the BIOS and check that ACHI is set.

If this fails try ncpi=0x2000 at the Chimera boot screen. I am racking my brains and reading up on anything I can think of to get to the bottom of this. Still with your new installation lets keep it simple. Don't change System Definition leave it default at Mac Pro 3,1 and only install UserDSDT Free, network and audio, 1080p Display setting for the HD4600.

Just got the new monitor! Yay, it looks great, just a shame I can't test out the 4k resolution as my machine won't work.

So tried clean install. Used the bootflags -x maxmem=8192 at both stages of boot install. Installed the settings from MultiBeast I showed you before except Mac Pro 3,1 instead and still can't boot.

Tried the bootflag ncpi=0x2000 and nothing either.

Can't workout what's wrong!!?!

Attached image of sticking point with -v bootflag

Attachments

• 2014-05-12 16.59.45.jpg
    2014-05-12 16.59.45.jpg
    806.8 KB · Views: 96
Just got the new monitor! Yay, it looks great, just a shame I can't test out the 4k resolution as my machine won't work.

So tried clean install. Used the bootflags -x maxmem=8192 at both stages of boot install. Installed the settings from MultiBeast I showed you before except Mac Pro 3,1 instead and still can't boot.

Tried the bootflag ncpi=0x2000 and nothing either.

Can't workout what's wrong!!?!

Attached image of sticking point with -v bootflag
Like the new monitor. And this screen shot is with the Display port attached to the monitor/motherboard?

Nope HDMI, displayport gives me an error currently! Guessing it won't be able to work until I can get the machine running properly.

Nope HDMI, displayport gives me an error currently! Guessing it won't be able to work until I can get the machine running properly.

Ok what is the error. The problem with the DRM status is the FrameBuffer isn't loading. As you can boot into Mavericks with -x. Could you run a test for me. Once at the desktop could you navigate to /System/Library/Extension and locate HDAEnabler1.kext, copy it to the desktop and then delete it from /S/L/E. Repair permissions with Disk Utility on your Mavericks drive. Restart with no boot flags. Keep using the HDMI cable for now.

It booted!!!!! Yes Wildwillow you genius! It did take a very long time to boot however!

So what's the next step? Why was HDAenabler1 causing that problem!

You don't know how happy I am! I owe you big time!

- - - Updated - - -

One small problem, still experiencing choppy graphics!? But I can boot, this is a start! :)

It booted!!!!! Yes Wildwillow you genius! It did take a very long time to boot however!

So what's the next step? Why was HDAenabler1 causing that problem!

You don't know how happy I am! I owe you big time!

- - - Updated - - -

One small problem, still experiencing choppy graphics!? But I can boot, this is a start! :)

Still reading. Whilst I am reading what are you viewing in terms of Graphics images/videos. What does is say in About this Mac for graphics? Its still a graphics issue not an audio issue.

Also open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal and type in bdmesg and what does it say about the Intel Device Info? For Example HD4600 IGPlatformID

In about this mac it's showing Intel HD 4600 1024mb

I've attached some screenshots of the terminal output you asked for.

Thanks for looking into all this and helping! It feels good to be replying from my Hackintosh right now :)

Forgot to say what I'm seeing graphics wise. It's like a small glitch or tearing on animations and when I watch videos it's like choppy, missing frames or something.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 18.40.39.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 18.40.39.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 18.41.02.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 18.41.02.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 18.41.37.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 18.41.37.png
    117 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.