Contribute
Register

Garrison's Haswell Z87X-UD5H - i7 4770k - HD4600 - 32GB Photoshop Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning! Sorry fell asleep, it was a long day of trying but definitely getting closer. Thanks so much for all your help yesterday!

I disabled HDAEnabler in the plist and it boots again. So I've downloaded IOReg and saved a copy to attach here. Let me know if it helps!

I'll try the AppleIntelFramebuffer patch you supplied earlier!

Attachments

• Garrison’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    2 MB · Views: 108
Morning! Sorry fell asleep, it was a long day of trying but definitely getting closer. Thanks so much for all your help yesterday!

I disabled HDAEnabler in the plist and it boots again. So I've downloaded IOReg and saved a copy to attach here. Let me know if it helps!

I'll try the AppleIntelFramebuffer patch you supplied earlier!

Morning!

There is still no acceleration. With my limited knowledge of reading IOReg, I don't think that it is recognising your display. I can not see your display attached. Did you try the patched Azul.kext? Looking at people using the Z87X-UD5H its seems that success using the onboard has been achieved by using the DVI port. To push forward today I think we need to try and get the DP working. I this is unsuccessful I'm not ruling out that there may be a problem with your motherboard. If you boot -v are you still seeing the DRM status error appearing, this will not affect boot, maybe delayed boot.

I have used the Framebuffer patch now but the IOReg I sent was before that, however the Framebuffer didn't seem to change much.

I've taken the leap and assumed the board is faulty and ordered a new one, I can always sell the other one once I get it replaced under warranty!

I'm at work all day, so any suggestions you have for things to try today I will do once I get home!

According to delivery i should have the new motherboard tomorrow!

I have used the Framebuffer patch now but the IOReg I sent was before that, however the Framebuffer didn't seem to change much.

I've taken the leap and assumed the board is faulty and ordered a new one, I can always sell the other one once I get it replaced under warranty!

I'm at work all day, so any suggestions you have for things to try today I will do once I get home!

According to delivery i should have the new motherboard tomorrow!

Well this will definitely rule out a faulty board. It will be good to see the result of this. Lets face it you need your DP to work for the higher resolution display, or the new HDMI cables. I have no further suggestions at this time. Although still following this up.

Thanks for all your help Wildwillow and I'll let you know how the new board works out! I may need your help down the line setting it up with the new high resolution but I believe I just changed the 1920x1080x32 to my new resolution in the plist for that right?

Thanks for all your help Wildwillow and I'll let you know how the new board works out! I may need your help down the line setting it up with the new high resolution but I believe I just changed the 1920x1080x32 to my new resolution in the plist for that right?

Yep if you add the native screen resolution to Graphics Mode in the plist it will inject the correct resolution.
That being said you won't get that resolution from the standard HDMI cable or the DVI port. Suggest you stick to the basic installation until you get it performing as you would like. Hopefully you shouldn't have many problems. Do a clean install also. You can test Graphics Mode at the Chimera boot screen before implementing it in your plist.

Good shout, I'll try it with boot flags first. Yeah to get that resolution I have to use the displayport cable! Here's hoping the new motherboard solves my problems!

Thanks again Wildwillow!

I'm back Wildwillow, new motherboard installed and...

Install went perfectly like it first did!!! Yay :)

Don't know what happened to my board but the new one works. Will get my old board replaced under warranty and sell it!

Thanks so much for all your help trying to fix things. Gonna use the plist you supplied for my machine now.

Just about to text the displayport cable with the 4k monitor and the 4k bootflag!

Same screen pops up when I try to boot with displayport cable (Memory allocation error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef)

I'm back Wildwillow, new motherboard installed and...

Install went perfectly like it first did!!! Yay :)

Don't know what happened to my board but the new one works. Will get my old board replaced under warranty and sell it!

Thanks so much for all your help trying to fix things. Gonna use the plist you supplied for my machine now.

Just about to text the displayport cable with the 4k monitor and the 4k bootflag!

Hi oigarrison,

That is great news. Really happy for you. Completely over the moon your system back up and running as it should be. If you are going to use the .plist. Set GraphicsEnabler to No. I added it to Yes to try enable injection that didn't work. You're welcome for the help. Learn't some things along the way myself.

Same screen pops up when I try to boot with displayport cable (Memory allocation error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef)

Test with 2 sticks of Ram in the appropriate dual channel slots. Remember to unplug the power before removing the Ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back