Contribute
Register

Garrison's Haswell Z87X-UD5H - i7 4770k - HD4600 - 32GB Photoshop Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Wildwillow,

I tried that kext and still no luck booting, this is where I get stuck in -v boot.

Attachments

• 2014-05-10 10.09.34.jpg
    2014-05-10 10.09.34.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 119
Hi oigarrison,

Sorry for the late reply as I've been at work.

What have you get connected to your system?

My suggestion is to disconnect everything apart from your installation of Mavericks drive. Make sure that this is connected to Sata port0 on the motherboard. Use only a USB keyboard in the USB Ports, nothing else. Restart your system and enter the BIOS, set it to Optimised Defaults. Set Init Display First to IGFX. Disable Vt-d and Intel Virtualisation Technology. Set First Boot device to P0 your Mavericks installation drive and not P1 which is UEFI. Press F10 save and exit. Let it boot without any boot flags.

Still no luck! But thanks for trying!

How can I test for a faulty part? I've had one or two 'Blue screens of death' in Windows so thinking something could be failing.

Ran Intel's diagnostic tool and it said it passed, ran Windows Memtest and it said it was all good, so thinking maybe Motherboard?

Thanks for helping me with all this!

Still no luck! But thanks for trying!

How can I test for a faulty part? I've had one or two 'Blue screens of death' in Windows so thinking something could be failing.

Ran Intel's diagnostic tool and it said it passed, ran Windows Memtest and it said it was all good, so thinking maybe Motherboard?

Thanks for helping me with all this!

Well I like a challenge and this is proving to be one them:D

If you have some time to test I would like to rule out the HDMI cable, shutting down and trying another if you have one to hand. If no success try

Entering the BIOS and set Set xHCI mode from Smart Auto to Auto. Press F10 save and exit. Test. If no success try

At the Chimera boot screen type in GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Some questions about your monitor, you wrote about a new 4K monitor you were interested in on Amazon. I see by the reviews that it hasn't been released as of yet. In Post#1 you were using an AOC monitor. You have moved onto a Samsung monitor since your original post. Is this a new monitor? And what is the native screen resolution of it? I'm trying to to shake out any loose nut or bolt that may be causing this boot problem.

I'm glad you like a challenge! I do too, otherwise this computer would have been thrown out the window by now!

xCHI was already Auto, one of the first things I change in the BIOS.

Tested boot with both HDMI ports and nothing else plugged in, goes to a blank white screen after the Apple loading screen.

Also tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes as Chimera boot screen and nothing, same blank white screen.

I sold my AOC monitor and have been using my Samsung HD TV recently, it's a 1920x1080 TV so should work right?

I ordered this monitor in the end and should be here this week:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-204-SA&groupid=17&catid=1895

Hoping a display port connection might let the computer boot

I'm glad you like a challenge! I do too, otherwise this computer would have been thrown out the window by now!

xCHI was already Auto, one of the first things I change in the BIOS.

Tested boot with both HDMI ports and nothing else plugged in, goes to a blank white screen after the Apple loading screen.

Also tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes as Chimera boot screen and nothing, same blank white screen.

Morning, did you try another cable not just the other port?

I sold my AOC monitor and have been using my Samsung HD TV recently, it's a 1920x1080 TV so should work right?

Yes this should work just fine. I have 2 Samsung TV's both with no issues.

ordered this monitor in the end and should be here this week:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-204-SA&groupid=17&catid=1895

Hoping a display port connection might let the computer boot

That looks like a lovely monitor you will have to post what you think about it. You will have to change the 1920 display setting to the monitors native screen resolution in org.chamleon.Boot.plist.

I am totally surprised that with the configurations you have that we can't get your system booting outside of safe mode. Have you tried PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1 at the Chimera boot screen?
What BIOS are you on. There is an F9 on GA's website.

Morning!

I've tried 3 different cables now, in both ports and nothing!

Gave PCIRootUID=1 and 0 a go, still nothing!

I was previously on F9a BIOS but I'm on F7 at the moment, I'll try flashing a newer one and see if that does anything!

Do you think I could have a part that's not working? But if that was the case would I even be able to boot safe mode.

Morning!

I've tried 3 different cables now, in both ports and nothing!

Gave PCIRootUID=1 and 0 a go, still nothing!

I was previously on F9a BIOS but I'm on F7 at the moment, I'll try flashing a newer one and see if that does anything!

Do you think I could have a part that's not working? But if that was the case would I even be able to boot safe mode.

I'm not sure if you have a hardware problem. When you install using UniBeast, did you remove anything from the Mavericks installation. Can you boot your Mavericks installation drive with UniBeast and no boot flags? Can you post a picture using -v -f booting from your installation drive.

I can't boot with the USB installer.

I booted from the USB intsaller with -v -f and this is where it ends and sticks.

**edit** No I haven't removed anything from the installation.

Attachments

• 2014-05-12 12.35.27.jpg
    2014-05-12 12.35.27.jpg
    922.1 KB · Views: 114
I can't boot with the USB installer.

I booted from the USB intsaller with -v -f and this is where it ends and sticks.

**edit** No I haven't removed anything from the installation.

Did you boot your hard drive with UniBeast or continued to the installer. its known for 10.9.2 to have a problem booting with that much Corsair Ram in your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back