Contribute
Register

Garrison's Haswell Z87X-UD5H - i7 4770k - HD4600 - 32GB Photoshop Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I would suggest the Ozmosis BIOS and fresh install (the BIOS also includes Bootloader so no need for that) because it gets you as near as possible to a real mac.

You can also try your luck by dumping a DSDT from BIOS, edit and compile it and add it to your Extra Folder and boot.plist for this way you can also take a look at Post #5 from this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...e-z87x-ud3h-mavericks-dp2-haswell-hackintosh/

Have you tried MaciASL and some of patches contained within MaciASL?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/?source=pdlp

What I'm trying to understand is why I'm having to do this now.

When I first built my machine it worked perfectly and now when I try and do a clean install it doesn't work. Everything works except when I watch videos the videos skip frames and there is a tearing effect with some of the graphics.

What's changed to cause this if I have all the same components and same OS X 10.9.2?

Sorry just want to understand more what's happening without blindly having to look into DSDT's now (which I really have trouble understanding)

Thanks Stork!

This photo may not be useful but here is an example of the problem. The graphics seem choppy throughout the system and I can't work out why as they are now being recognised and with the full 1024MB of VRAM.

Attachments

• 2014-05-04 11.59.29.jpg
    2014-05-04 11.59.29.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 142
This is what I get with the -v boot flag on fresh install

Attachments

• 2014-05-04 13.21.38.jpg
    2014-05-04 13.21.38.jpg
    808.5 KB · Views: 135
...When I first built my machine it worked perfectly and now when I try and do a clean install it doesn't work. Everything works except when I watch videos the videos skip frames and there is a tearing effect with some of the graphics.

What's changed to cause this if I have all the same components and same OS X 10.9.2?

Sorry just want to understand more what's happening without blindly having to look into DSDT's now (which I really have trouble understanding)
You're right, of course. A DSDT probably won't solve your video problem. I don't know the answer to your problem. However, there are some very good graphics forum members who hang out in the Graphics forum section. I recommend you post your problem there. :thumbup:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/

Stork do you think I could be having a hardware problem as no matter what I do the system seems to struggle and I'm following the exact steps I had success with installing several times before.

I did a clean install, yet again, of OS X and MultiBeast and cannot boot without -x and when I boot -f -x it sticks at the point you can see in the attached pictures.

It's driving me crazy, I must of tried fresh installing this like 20 times now, and tried changes to boot.plist etc and nothing works. Whenever I do successfully get an install which boots without any flags it has the weird graphics problem!!

Attachments

• 2014-05-09 07.59.11.jpg
    2014-05-09 07.59.11.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 2014-05-09 08.00.17.jpg
    2014-05-09 08.00.17.jpg
    814.9 KB · Views: 108
Hi oigarrison,

I was just reading through your thread. Some things for you to try and some questions.

Make sure that IGPEnabler is set to Yes to your org.chameleon.boot.plist. Also have you added the 1080p Display option in MultiBeast under Customize>Boot Options?

Also what cable are you using to the Samsung TV including any cable adapters? wondering if the cable may be the issue as you are able to boot in safe mode.

Make sure booting from the internal integrated graphics that Init Display First is set to IGFX in the BIOS.

Hey Wildwillow, thanks for stopping by and helping!

I've tried IGPEnabler in my boot.plist and check the 1080 display mode every time I do a MultiBeast install.

Just using a standard HDMI cable to my TV for the display and have IGFX set to initial display output in BIOS.

The first time I installed everything worked perfectly out of the box, then something happened a couple of weeks later (probably my fault) and now I can't get any type of install to work and if it does I get weird choppy graphics, glitches or low framerate on videos.

It's so frustrating!

Anything else you can suggest to try?

Hey Wildwillow, thanks for stopping by and helping!

I've tried IGPEnabler in my boot.plist and check the 1080 display mode every time I do a MultiBeast install.

Just using a standard HDMI cable to my TV for the display and have IGFX set to initial display output in BIOS.

The first time I installed everything worked perfectly out of the box, then something happened a couple of weeks later (probably my fault) and now I can't get any type of install to work and if it does I get weird choppy graphics, glitches or low framerate on videos.

It's so frustrating!

Anything else you can suggest to try?

In About This Mac are you seeing HD4600 Graphics displayed? I saw that you moved the Intel Graphics
into a _bak folder in S/L/E. Are those back into S/L/E out of that folder. If they are still in the _bak folder they will not load. You could try another HDMI cable if you have this option available to you.

Those removed kexts were on an earlier build, it was the only way I could boot without any flags.

I now have a clean install but can't boot without -x.

I'll try another HDMI cable today but I think I've tried two different ones!

Intel HD 4600 does show in About This Mac, but it shows low VRAM, 7MB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back