Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook Air
CPU
i5 2.5GHz
Graphics
Integrated Intel 3000
Hey everyone,

Managed to get my GA-Z77X-D3H practically working 100%.

My Specs:
MB: GA-Z77X-D3H Rev 1.0
GFX: GT640
HDD: Samsung 128GB 830 series SSD, 3x 1TB Seagate 7200RPM Barracuda
PSU: Corsair HX650
CPU: Intel Core i5 3750K (running at stock 3.4GHz)

All power functions, and everything working out of the box, even graphics. Only issue for me was audio. bloody VT2021. I'm pretty happy with my overall build, works so nicely.

I lived with using VoodooHDA for a week since I did the build. It wasn't satisfying - my HD audio didn't work, instead I was stuck with stupid 3.5mm jack to my 5.1ch amplifier + kept getting crackly audio every now and then. I have just come from an iMac (horray, i'm back in the OSX86 scene), and Hidef audio is something I love.

Anyways, after a tonne of browsing around, I found a Kext for my MB with a DSDT Patch over at kexts.com.

Here's the kext and some details: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?d...id=3041&page=4

The DSDT patching for this Mobo in particular is a bitch, if you take a look in the comments section down the bottom, i've written vague instructions, however if it gets enough interest, i'll do a full patching guide with screenshots, etc.

Basically, at this point in time, i've managed to get the HD audio output and green output jack working. I'm yet to test the microphone input. I'm really keen on making the front ports all work for me, however it'll probably be a tonne more patching, and I quite frankly don't have the time at this point in time.

I have the same Motherboard and CPU, and yes, the voodooHDA in this system is terrible.
gives artifacts/noise and everything... if you could post how to do it, it would be really helpful,
and I'm sure there are many people that would be thankful too. :)

by the way, currently I'm not using any DSDT (as far as i know...) i don't know much about it.. and seems too complicated,
and i'm using the internal GPU.. (HD4000)
I really appreciate you guys that do all this, for making a better experience.

if you could send me your DSDT and how to change the GPU in it, it really would make everything better.

(sorry for the english.. not my native language)

Thanks for the info - I have the same CPU and mobo, but no sound yet!
I am a complete noob on OSX so, I cannot tell up from down yet (I mean literally, even the mouse wheel works upside down :p)
I am playing with 10.8.2 on an old 2.5" 100gb SATA drive I had lying around, so as no to mess up my other drives.

I would really appreciate it if you could post a (noob's) guide to make the sound work on this motherboard.
I saw your post here http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3041&page=7 but I cant follow the things u did with the code. I'll try again later tonight and report back!

Keep up the good work - and thanks tonymacx86

Don't use VoodooHDA, you'll get KP's and it gives you audio artifact. I'll be writing a tutorial later today on how to get the VT2021 working on my website. It'll be a full DSDT patching guide.

I ended up re-patching my DSDT yesterday as I began using my HD4000 alongside my GT640 to enable 3 screens. I needed to re-do the DSDT due to sleep not working.

Anyways, don't use VoodooHDA, period.

Don't use VoodooHDA, you'll get KP's and it gives you audio artifact. I'll be writing a tutorial later today on how to get the VT2021 working on my website. It'll be a full DSDT patching guide.

I ended up re-patching my DSDT yesterday as I began using my HD4000 alongside my GT640 to enable 3 screens. I needed to re-do the DSDT due to sleep not working.

Anyways, don't use VoodooHDA, period.

Hy there,
Any news about getting the VT2021 to work on this board?
I don`t want to use VoodooHDA, but so far I did not find another solution :(

any help please stuck with no audio cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back