Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
discreetlogic said:
ADD TO CART
I got it for $15 with free shipping using the promo code that ends 4/16. Hell yeah.

I got it for $15 with free shipping using the promo code that ends 4/16. Hell yeah.

Sweet!

I have a feeling some readers will be definitely be waiting for your results before pressing ADD TO CART button :p

Best of luck :thumbup:

PS: Just so you know, if it's the same chipset as O have, you can shave a lot of boot dealay by disabling the verbose config screen at startup.

discreetlogic said:
I have wake on lan turned off as well.

The dsdt I shared is turning out pretty well with f7. I haven't had a KP waking from sleep since.

On a side note, those following the site will maybe know that there is a trend growing for z68 owners : Dropping the onboard realtek nic altogether and be done with it.

There are a lot of options out there for nic cards, starting around 20$

Here's an example post if you are interested.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=347201#p347201

Yeah, I just ordered a Rosewill NIC on Amazon (RC-401-EX). Although turning off WOL fixed my issue of the dead NIC on a cold boot, the NIC still dies when waking from sleep. Bummer.

discreetlogic said:
which nic dies?

realtek?

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>

Tried setting darkwake=1. NIC still looses IP address and can't get one from DHCP server until I totally shutdown and restart.

On another note, once I get my new Rosewill NIC how do I totally remove the lnx2mac driver?

Hello. I am currently looking into building a hackintosh and I believe this is the board I will be using. I have built pc's in the past, but the past few years I have just been using my MacBook Pro. I edit so I have been wanting to build a new tower for a while, but really need to be able to run OSX as a lot of clients require it.

I have been browsing this thread. Just curious of what your setup is right now, how its working, and what bumps you've had along the way to get it working properly. As I said before I will be using it for editing and after effects so I need it to be a workhorse. Not sure what you use it for, but any thoughts or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks man this thread will prove to be VERY useful in this adventure.

xcaliber84

Have a look at the first post of this thread, it's pretty much all there.

Another thing I should note is that if you want the board to be really stable consider getting a NIC and not using the onboard ethernet.

I went this route as it's becoming quite a fashion here for z68 owners and I'm getting snow leopard stability with Lion. My hack is complete!
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48091

If you're going adobe, make sure you get lots of ram 16gb can't hurt for the price, and do double check the graphics card to make sure it'll work well with the Mercury Playback engine.

Man it stinks being stuck in the UK. You guys get hold of so much niche hardware that just works like it should. I can't get that dual nic card anywhere here without bribing a tax-man. Now I see I can pick up a 27" Cinema display replica for 230 pounds but, only in the U.S... Anyone need a gardener, "will work for components"

@discreetlogic
Thanks for all the trial and error (and probably headaches) getting that DSDT working. Going to try it tonight @4.5GHz.

edit: So while I'm writing this post I'm whining to a friend on iChat and he says...NC360T? I've got a spare here at work you can have

:D :thumbup: :D :clap:

andyfrang said:
So while I'm writing this post I'm whining to a friend on iChat and he says...NC360T? I've got a spare here at work you can have

:D :thumbup: :D :clap:

Lucky bugger. This ethernet issue is driving me nuts. So nuts that I have now bitten the bullet and ordered an NC360T to be shipped to me here in West Yorkshire from the US. So much cheaper than a UK sourced used item....

I have really had no luck at all with my onboard network controller. Sometimes it will come up just fine, other times (the majority) it just does not want to know.

Definitely going to follow this trend for ditching the Realtek!

Guys,

nc360t is one route, but not the only. If you need 1 port, it's overkill really.

There's a rosewill card that's dirt cheap and a sonnet card that should do the job as well.

Have you tried looking for them in your area?

@discreetlogic
Thanks for all the trial and error (and probably headaches) getting that DSDT working. Going to try it tonight @4.5GHz.

No worries man, and thanks for the thanks :thumbup:

I would have done all this anyways, but I've found out that sharing info always gets you further along, and it ends up helping people which is a plus. I've found a lot of threads like this over the years for different topics and it's a great ressource.

Happy to give back, let me know if the dsdt works! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back