Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to report a simple success with my GA-Z68XP-UD3P. Using unibeast, I installed directly to 10.7.2 and needed only to update iTunes, Safari, and Remote Desktop Client to have an up-to-date system. I used Multibeast and the DSDT for this motherboard, to add the boot loader and the network stuff, but did not do anything with the sound. I will use my USB Monsoon adapter for that until Multibeast incorporates the newer 889 drivers.

gerrygraff said:
I wanted to report a simple success with my GA-Z68XP-UD3P. Using unibeast, I installed directly to 10.7.2 and needed only to update iTunes, Safari, and Remote Desktop Client to have an up-to-date system. I used Multibeast and the DSDT for this motherboard, to add the boot loader and the network stuff, but did not do anything with the sound. I will use my USB Monsoon adapter for that until Multibeast incorporates the newer 889 drivers.

Any chance you could post more details about your system and settings in multibeast?

UPDATE !!!!!!!!!

No cold boot in two days even when not having the system on for hours and the only thing i've done according to someone elses advice is

PLL OVERVOLTAGE = DISABLED

If this is the cause, why does enabling pll over voltage cause cold boots?

noisyboy said:
gerrygraff said:

Any chance you could post more details about your system and settings in multibeast?

The CPU is a Sandy Bridge i7 3.41 GHz (not over-clocked - don't do gaming) (but do CAD work with Vectorworks), a Geforce GT 440 (runs a Dell 30" and 2nd smaller display just fine), an OCZ 60gb mSATA card (holds the OS, Apps & User file --on the motherboard) a Crucial M4 60gb SDD (Holds iPhoto pics & other documents), a 1.5 TB Samsung Spinpoint (holds iTunes Library and archived data), 16 GB G Skill 1600 MHz DDR3, Wi-Fi is the Edimax USB plug, and Bluetooth is the D-Link DBT-120, Sound is the Monsoon Desktop electrostatics (long discontinued) with their USB adapter (but I believe the SYBA SD-CM-UAUD also works), a wired gigabit ethernet on an Airport Extreme Router.

I got the latest 10.7.2 from the App Store (hold down the option key when choosing "Purchased" and you get the latest OS X available) and paired that with Unibeast on a properly formatted 16 GB USB drive. Only 3 changes were made to the Bios (version 8), The Boot Priority (the USB stick during the install and the mSATA once Multibeast was done), Turned on ACHI and changed to 64 bit in the Power Management. To get things going I only put in the mSATA Drive, the GT440 card, 4 GB of RAM and the Keyboard and mouse and booted from the USB Drive. After the reboot, the first pass with Multibeast was with only UserDSDT Install (I put the DSDT file on the USB drive and dragged it to the desktop), and a reboot to the mSATA card, then ran the following Multibeast selections --- Trim does work (run Disk Utility and "Repair Disk, you will see "Disk Trimmed" in the results) The Blue USB 3 ports on the back work (do not know if it is true 3.0 or not) and the Ethernet is plenty fast. After that I ran Software Update, put all of the rest of the stuff on (in) and been cruising mostly smoothly since then.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-23 at 5.35.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-23 at 5.35.12 AM.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 137
Thanks for that, Gerry. Very helpful.

Hello again people, I doubt you remember me - I haven't posted since page 11 / September 2011. :p

Anyway, I think I'm going to go back to a Hackintosh and try and make it more permanent this time. I'm going to buy a new SSD I've bought a Crucial m4 (64 gigs) to upgrade my Windows SSD so I'll use the old one for OS X, I think. Got a Lion installer USB setup from a virtual machine, and I tested booting into it, which all works fine.

So, just thought I'd say hi really. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back