Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
ellisbodds said:
Hello again people, I doubt you remember me - I haven't posted since page 11 / September 2011. :p

Anyway, I think I'm going to go back to a Hackintosh and try and make it more permanent this time. I'm going to buy a new SSD I've bought a Crucial m4 (64 gigs) to upgrade my Windows SSD so I'll use the old one for OS X, I think. Got a Lion installer USB setup from a virtual machine, and I tested booting into it, which all works fine.

So, just thought I'd say hi really. :)

Hi, welcome back, and good luck :)

cliffom said:
ellisbodds said:
Hello again people, I doubt you remember me - I haven't posted since page 11 / September 2011. :p

Anyway, I think I'm going to go back to a Hackintosh and try and make it more permanent this time. I'm going to buy a new SSD I've bought a Crucial m4 (64 gigs) to upgrade my Windows SSD so I'll use the old one for OS X, I think. Got a Lion installer USB setup from a virtual machine, and I tested booting into it, which all works fine.

So, just thought I'd say hi really. :)

Hi, welcome back, and good luck :)

Going to build myself a "real" Airport adapter as well, because last time I installed OS X I got fed up of the crappy Ralink utility thingybob.

Now, when I wake up from sleep, the USB ports don't recognize anything until I pull it out and then plug it in again.

Are you using the realtek drivers?

Like I said in the first post for install instructions, using the lnx2mac drivers gave me the behavior you're experiencing

have any ideas to what i could be doing wrong?

I hope by "removing it" (lnx2mac) your deleted RealtekRTL81xx.kext, re-ran multibeast to install realtek 2.0.6 and run kext utility to repair permissions.

Just checking

On another note, has anyone in this thread built an apple BT adapter?

I recently learned that this is the weak point in my waking from sleep (effing slows down wakes)

discreetlogic said:
On another note, has anyone in this thread built an apple BT adapter?

I recently learned that this is the weak point in my waking from sleep (effing slows down wakes)

Not yet, but I plan to.
I have built the IR adapter. Nice and easy

I don't know if this will solve the slow wakes, but I need Bluetooth either way.

I have built the IR adapter. Nice and easy

Same here! Actually this got me hooked. Why go through the hassle of finding compatible parts and seeing support drop a service pack later.... :banghead:

I don't know if this will solve the slow wakes

Actually, there's a 99% chance it will. Try removing you BT dongle and waking from sleep.

On my end, no slowdown.

Let's partner up if you're up to it. :thumbup:

First thing first is finding the right parts

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=252958

Read this if you haven't already, and let's find some parts on ebay.

I tell ya one thing that was the BEST bios flash i've ever had with this board, did the usual guide for completely clearing an old bios, set up the new settings and straight into windows. No cold boots, resets e.t.c :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back