Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at the Z68XP-UD3P. I like a few things about it, but see that the Z68XP-UD3 is recommended in CustoMac. Will I have loads less trouble with the Z68XP-UD3 or am I good to go with the Z68XP-UD3P?

Re: Breakthrough

discreetlogic said:
Fellas,

I've been hard at work, testing, loosing a ton of sleep over hdmi audio out of the quadro 4000.

It was one of the things I set out to do from day 1.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=290869#p290869

The real hero here is Toleda, he finally fixed me up! :headbang:

I've been dealing with lots of kernel panics geting this to work so this is for the brave.

I renamed my default tonymac dsdt tony.aml so if there's an issue I can boot lion at chimera using :

-v DSDT=/Extra/tony.aml

just in case.... :thumbup:

Discreet, is this the HDMI to use for EVERY gpu? Or, is it specific to the quadro? I have a 6870. I created a DSDT for it but nothing shows up in system preferences. Question: Do you need an HDMI audio device plugged in to see it show up in system preferences? Or, should it show up regardless of whether you have it attached?

Discreet, is this the HDMI to use for EVERY gpu? Or, is it specific to the quadro? I have a 6870. I created a DSDT for it but nothing shows up in system preferences. Question: Do you need an HDMI audio device plugged in to see it show up in system preferences? Or, should it show up regardless of whether you have it attached?

It's a bit uncertain. But it's not for every gpu for sure, this kext is for nvidia as far as I understand.

The dsdt I included should give the os an hdmi audio out, but you need applehda to know what to do with it and frankly that's the hard part.

If you find a hacked applehda for the 6870 with hdmi out then with my dsdt you're good to go.

If not, check the thread around what I linked to, it should give you an idea.

I lost a hell of a lot of sleep over this, in the future, here's to hoping that multibeast will eveolve to take care of this, it's effing a ton of crap to go through, although, it's kind of worth it :thumbup:

Hi guys. I'm decently new to osx68 but I've had a system running for about a month. There is, however, an issue with frequent system lock-ups. Randomly, the system will lock up completely, rendering me unable to even move the mouse. I'm not sure what type of error this is, as the only way to have functionality of my system is to hold the power button until it's off. The best description I can give is that the screen freezes, with no changes, and seems to stop responding to input of any kind. I had Spotify open once and playing continued until the end of the song, at which point it stopped and didn't play anymore in the playlist. Any help would be appreciated.

z68xp-ud3p rev1.3 f6
intel i7-2600k
gtx 460 (x2 sli in windows)
8 gb g.skill 1333mhz
2x 640gb WD blacks

edit: solution found: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20367

Hi guys,

Another fellow GA-Z68XP-UD3P owner looking for help. The short question is, I've got problem with my display/graphics (HD3000/HDMI to DVI monitor) not working after install - stuck at 1024x768 resolution, no other options in system prefs display settings and artefacts on the display for example when going into Mission Control, or if you turn magnify/hide on the dock, it judders.

Is there anything I can do? Would be grateful for any help.

Here's a bit more - I initially installed using the TonyMac guide while the motherboard was on F3 (Rev 1.0). Changed the bios settings as described, changed the gfx to use 480Mb, all installed fine except I have to use PCIRootUI=0 every boot up. Multi-beast worked and installed - but get the same problem with the gfx as above.

I then hit on this post and followed the OPs way (thanks discreelogic!) this time I re-flashed to F6 bios and then went on to re-install everything again. Everything worked again, except still need PCIRootUI=0 every time. GFX problem still the same as above, this time Multi-beast fails install, but seems to install anyway ( ? DSDT and other files changed in /Extras). I've now changed the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to be pretty much the same as Discreetlogic's (with PCIRootUID=0 added) and the addition of the gfx resolution changes my resolution, but still get graphic artifacts (and not properly set up as still have no resolution choices in sys prefs).

Thanks guys for your input! Hope I don't have to get a discrete gfx card as don't really need it, I don't play games and I spent a bit more on this board as it had HDMI etc

(i5 2500k, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M4 SSD)

noisyboy said:
I've been looking at the Z68XP-UD3P. I like a few things about it, but see that the Z68XP-UD3 is recommended in CustoMac. Will I have loads less trouble with the Z68XP-UD3 or am I good to go with the Z68XP-UD3P?

With the amount of things people are having trouble with in this thread, maybe I should go for the UD3 over the UD3P? Anyone?

@dare599z

Seem to recall the 460 needing a little more tweaking osx wise, check this website for guides.

@vaugi

Again in the same vibe, check out how to set up the hd3000 in osx, not board related

@noisyboy

People have issues, regardless of the board I think. It's your call, but these boards are almost the same, and from the same manufacturer, just pick one that fits your needs. This one has a lot of sata ports at a decent price and OC's pretty well but not as much probably as the more expensive options.

That being said, I helped a coworker set up his machine that he religiously pciked using this site and it's a sick box.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewforum.php?f=169

No worries man, it's just that it's hard to keep track, this thread is massive!

It's a POST install topic! :cool:

We're totally there for you when you get the ball rolling.

Do check out the first post it's pretty accurate!

Ok, so guys, if some of you have a delay getting the keyboard back from sleep it might be you BT dongle.

There's a thread here about it http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=40515

I just tried no BT adapter and wake from sleep is so fast, its unbelievable.

Also, about the APPLEHDA I liked to, so far I'm getting stereo out only. Just though I'd elaborate.

discreetlogic said:
@dare599z

Seem to recall the 460 needing a little more tweaking osx wise, check this website for guides.

I've already got EFI injection working. Everything WORKS. I can play World of Warcraft at 60fps. It's just once in a while, the whole computer will freeze. ANd i don't suspect it has to do with my video cards. Does anything else come to mind? Thanks! :)

discreetlogic said:
@dare599z

It's just once in a while, the whole computer will freeze. And i don't suspect it has to do with my video cards. Does anything else come to mind? Thanks!

Power issue maybe? Badly codec mac ports? :clap:

How can something like this be tested for? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back