Contribute
Register

GA-Z68XP-UD3P owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its 4.0 GHz. Going from 20 to 40 that is a jump of 20 GHz from 5th to 6th P-state in the case of my OC. That is not good imo.
This would be better:
16 19 22 25 28 40
or
16 20 24 28 32 40

Thats what i was getting at.

So I've tried the fix with a few different combinations of settings in the BIOS (Real-time Ratio in OS etc) but I seem to be locked at 16x.

@Discreetlogic what where your settings for the fix i.e BIOS, chameleon.org

@titsmgee After the fix came out I didn't go into your post but did you find you got a better spread of p-states with your own SSDT?

@andyfrang
AICPUPM does not support overclocks over 4.2GHz at this time. That could be part of your problem. Additionally the MB SSDT only has p-states to that point anyway.

My SSDT only goes to 4.0GHz because that is my max OC. I have no difference in stepping whether i use the MB one or th3 one that I extracted.

hi all i have a quick question, I have 4 sticks of 4gb Crucial Ballistix sport ram, only 2 of them work in slots 2 and 4, when i install all for in any other configuration, the motherboard turns and then shuts off, can anyone tell me why? I have tried all 4 sticks in slots 2 and 4 they all work there, but not in 1 and 3.

SO here are my P-states reached in 10.7.4 with 4.2 GHz overclock, with my extracted SSDT.
Code:
May 23 16:56:18 Isaacs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16) 
May 23 16:56:18 Isaacs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 20 36 38 40 42

If anybody wants to use the one i extracted from the Z68XP-UD3P-F7 with a similar OC feel free.

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    6.7 KB · Views: 104
Hey titsmcgee

Thanks for the ssdt, but for some reason, I tried it out and it gives me errors:

PM kernel: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU 4

Am I missing something? Bios settings maybe?

Using the latest multibeast 4.5.1 fakesmc.

Hello everyone!
Here is what my question:
From time to time I hear from my computer odd clicks. I suppose it is
processor (i know this sound is similar to one when you turning sleep mode something makes "click" sound and it goes asleep).
Only now I hear this sound wile PC is working.
Any Ideas?
BIOS F6, DSDT From tonymac base also F6, processor - i7 2600k non clocked.
Thanks in advance!

@dl
Yea, forgot about that. So my processor only has CPUs 0-3, so 4-7 don't exist on my SSDT. So my SSDT will only work for people with sandybridge i3 and i5. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back