Contribute
Register

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with UEFI and only 2 P-States!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Slimbook Pro2
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620, 3200x1800
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
Last night I updated the bios on my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (Rev 1.3) from F9 to the new UEFI one (Z8MAD2H3.U1B). Obviously, I had to delete my DSDT and run without one, or else I got KPs everytime.
Everything seems MUCH better (sleep fully working for example, without an annoying lag before USB comes back on), with one exception:
with the i5/i7 overclocked SSDT from MultiBeast in place (I have an i5 2500k) HWMonitor showed the CPU multipliers locked at x16 and the same was true with the SSDT removed. After adding DropSSDT to my org.chameleon.plist, I now have x16 and x42 (my CPU is overclocked to 4.2GHz). Is there any way of getting more P-states to generate/work? Adding GeneratePStates drops me back to x16 only.
I think all settings in BIOS are correct (EIST set to 'Enabled' rather than 'Auto, same for Intel Turbo Boost). Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

Is the p-state problem still there when you set your cpu to stock frequency? I'm planning to update my bios too, but if this problem comes up with stock frequencies too, maybe I should wait for some solution.

I shall check. Bare with me :)

Yeah, seems the same at stock speed. I wondering if pulling my own SSDT would help? I have no idea how to do that, unfortunately. But I'm pretty sure I'll find something in the forum. I'll keep you posted. If anyone else knows anything, do let me know please!

Now i'll try to upgrade to U1B and check.

So i upgraded to U1B.
I delete DSDT.aml, but i leave SSDT.aml in /Extras/ (i5 SSDT from MultiBeast), and i have CORRECT speedstepping.
Code:

Code:
31.07.12 01:13:34,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 21 37
System loaded incredibly quickly.
Sleep works great (very very quickly off/on), i still have bug - "USB drive dismounted incorrectly", but it still mounted and work when pc turn on :)

Pls Let me know if U want me to check something.

It's a little bit off here, but what about sound and HD3000? I can see you've dedicated gpu, but I try to collect as many infos as I can about my setup.

Hey
Looks like it speedstepping does work properly if you leave the CPU at stock speed after all. I was using the wrong SSDT from MultiBeast (the overclocked one).
Any idea why overclocking and overclock SSDT don't work?
Anyone know how to extract/make your own SSDT? I always get lost trying!

It's a little bit off here, but what about sound and HD3000? I can see you've dedicated gpu, but I try to collect as many infos as I can about my setup.

The HD 3000 graphics work perfectly out of the box with GraphicsEnabler=YES and sound works fine with non-DSDT HDAEnabler for ALC880 and Patched AppleHDA ALC889 from MultiBeast.

So i upgraded to U1B.
I delete DSDT.aml, but i leave SSDT.aml in /Extras/ (i5 SSDT from MultiBeast), and i have CORRECT speedstepping.
Code:

Code:
31.07.12 01:13:34,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 21 37
System loaded incredibly quickly.
Sleep works great (very very quickly off/on), i still have bug - "USB drive dismounted incorrectly", but it still mounted and work when pc turn on :)

Pls Let me know if U want me to check something.

Do you still have your CPU overclocked at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back