Contribute
Register

GA-Z170M-D3H Perfect Configuration for El Capitan (Success)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, could anyone pls advice why i Can not boot from HDD

Hi, could anyone pls advice why i Can not boot from HDD

Yes, you see that line that says you have iMac 17,1 selected. In the procedure it listed that you should choose Mac Pro 3,1.

There may be more wrong with this. If you do not have the same motherboard and CPU as listed in this tutorial for the GA-Z170m-D3h, please make your own forum topic, If you do have a GA-Z170m-D3h then we will try to help you. One topic, one discussion, one thread.

you see that line that says you have iMac 17,1 selected. In the procedure it listed that you should choose Mac Pro 3,1.

You seem to be implying that the (kernel?) panic for "Potential overflow in Fifo GFX" was a direct result of claiming to be an iMac17,1 (October 2015) rather than a MacPro3,1 (January 2008). Yes?

This confuses me. Does OS X 10.11 really seem to have greater tolerance if it believes it is working with Apple hardware from 2008 rather than 2015?

Something seems to be breaking my boot to install el capitan, after i did a succeseful install, i had to do an other fresh install but now i cannot install it anymore, i dont know what is maybe my ram? i keep getting panic CPU caller 0 and 2. A crash IO counting 5 i dont know what more is killing me too.

Reset the bios, disconnect the computer and pull the battery off the motherboard for a few minutes. Will have to f7 to get optimised defaults and then go through and make all the changes again.
If you suspect the ram you can run one at a time see if one of them makes it unstable. If you really suspect the hardware you could test it out with Windows on a spare drive . Good idea anyway if you want to run a dual system.

I have this setup:
inte core i7 6700K @4.00 Ghz
16gb ram ddr4 2666Mhz
Gigabyte Z170-D3H
SSD Samsung 850 EVO
Nvidia Geforce G210
I've managed to install El Capitan but my pc boots only in safe mode...
These are the kernel panics I get...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 323
I am having error after start from USB with Apple icon.
gave me black screen.
Help!

Please help me with my error.

Attachments

• IMG_4493.JPG
    IMG_4493.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 255
I've followed your guide and I got almost everything working perfectly except the sound. It does work I can hear sound but I also have tons of static coming through.

Edit:

I'm not a smart person with no sleep. The input gain in the voodoo panel was jacked all the way up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back