Contribute
Register

GA-Z170M-D3H Perfect Configuration for El Capitan (Success)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to get a GA-x97mx-gaming 5 (matx) to work and even RMA'd it to see if I could get the problems to go away in making it work, and it seems the board is more voodo than anything (I've got stories that will blow your mind!). I am about to throw in the towel and get this board (Z170M-D3H). I just want a board that boots reliably and that others are running clover Sierra with great success. Is that the sentiment among those using this board?

Does it seem friendly to hackintoshers?
Does it auto reboot?
Does power management come easy enough?
Can you run prime 95 without killing the machine?
Do you have to constantly keep fiddling with it?

I haven't seen this as a golden build, but then again, the board I'm giving up on is in there.... but it's just an unreliable board.

If I do this, I'll be using the i7 and a 970 graphics card. Do you all feel that I would be making a good choice for a hard working video processing computer?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Hmmm. Ok, well I remember that helped my sleep to work by not waking up to black screens, but I still have trouble getting mine to sleep more than one time per boot. (I'm on Sierra btw)

I'm on Sierra too, multiple sleeps works, system goes sleep at once per day.
Do you have the formula you are using to get sleep to work? Any input on this thread (so as to not derail this thread) would be appreciated!

I didn't anything special for sleep working.
I used Multibeast.
MacPro 5,1 definition.
I don't apply DSDT.

In hardware main difference that I have ordinary Crucial ram, 1x16Gb, 2133 MHz, without XMP.
Also I have standard Nvidia drivers without any injects and external drivers.

will the process be the same if i have same mobo but with kaby lake processor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back