Contribute
Register

GA-Z170M-D3H Perfect Configuration for El Capitan (Success)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep/wake works perfectly after changing the smbios from imac 17,1 to mp 5,1. But I am afraid mp 5,1 would affect the performance of the skylake cpu.

Summary:
This is a success report for correct configuration of the Gigabyte Z170M-D3H on with a i7 Skylake with working Network, Audio, Wifi. The main configuration is done with Multibeast, additional configuration is done manually to achieve working audio. Lastly I've achieved tipple monitor using an Asus Nvidia 780, If you lack a video card, this configuration adds the video card last, and is stable using the Intel's onboard HD 530 provided with the i7 Skylake.

@tripador @Moderators,
Sorry to bump into this old thread. I'm planning to buy this motherboard (used), due to budget constraints.
Planning for following upgrades
1. Install GC-Titan Ridge Controller Card
2. Install BCM943602CD pci-e WiFi Card
3. macOS Mojave 10.14.5
4. Can you post your EFI folder
5. What is your smbios settings

Hi everyone! Just for the record, a customer recently gave me her build which was built around a GA-Z170M-D3H.

The BIOS configuration had reverted to default settings and the BOOT folder had been renamed to BOOT.BAK, thus rendering the partition virtually invisible.
With just a bit of tweaking we were good to go, but it's absolutely critical to
DISABLE BOTH IO PORTS ON BIOS, in order to prevent any BluetoothHostControllerUARTTransport panic.

The original guide makes no mention of it, but I think it should be added for future reference!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back