Contribute
Register

GA-H67M-D2-B3 Sierra Guide!!! (UP TO DATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion G6-1d71nr
CPU
i3 2350
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So there was no guides online for this board past maybe Yosemite. I'm gonna write what I did to get mine working on the latest OS 10.12.2

This is a quick & dirty guide to help anyone with this older board out. I don't have time to add lots of pictures. You'll need to read and if you don't understand something I wrote, research it. I'm not an expert so this guide isn't perfect...good luck!

NO DSDT!!! DO NOT USE ONE IT IS NOT NEEDED!!!

YOU CAN USE TONYMAC'S SSDT FROM MUTIBEAST IF YOU WANT!!!

Heres my hardware:
GA-H67M-D2-B3 rev 1.0 (sandy bridge)
intel core i5 2300 @2.8ghz
GTX 960
8gb ram
512gb SSD (OS X)
2tb HDD (Windows 10)
dvd drive
650watt PSU

Here's how to install:
Enable AHCI in bios, disable serial ports, 64-bit HPET, S3 sleep.

Download Sierra

Create Unibeast key for LEGACY BOOT
boot the USB key with -v and -x

now after installing OS X reach the desktop

Download clover (standalone installer)
Set these options for Clover with the stand alone installer:

Uncheck everything in the drivers 64bit and 64bitUEFI
Check legacy boot
Check install the ESP
Check install RCscripts on target volume
Check the preference pane
Now click install (choosing your boot drive)

Next add the kexts to the kexts folder under 10.12 (FakeSMC,Realteck ethernet,etc) (I attached the kexts below)

Next install Nvidia web driver (if you need it)

Next:
Download clover configurator
Open clover configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Close clover configurator
Open clover configurator again
Click your config.plist in the bottom (or you could click file open and manually select it's location)

Choose iMac 13,1 and to correctly generate system values follow this guide:

http://www.fitzweekly.com/2016/02/hackintosh-imessage-tutorial.html

after following that guide (make sure you chose iMac 13,1) continue:

In clover configurator checkbox the following things (if they are already checked leave them be):
Under ACPI:
Fixdisplay
FixHPET
FixUSB
FixHDA
FixShutdown
FixIPIC
rtc8allowed
fixdarwin

Under Boot:
verbose -v
darkwake =1
dart = 0
rootless=0

Under Devices:
USB (check all the boxes)
Audio make sure both boxes are checked and audio ID is 1

Under Kernal and Kext patches:
Apple RTC
KernalPM

Under System parameters:
Nvidia web (if you need to)
Inject system ID
And detect option under inject kexts

If you wanna double check you matched my config Clover drivers folders.zip is attached compare my folders to yours they should match. If they don't replaces yours with mine.

Reboot

You should now have everything working (except audio)

To fix audio:
Back up your appleHDA.kext to be safe (it's under S/L/E)
Open clover configurator
Mount your EFI partition again
And download this script:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

then use the audio_pikeralphaALC-120_v1.0d.command executable
UNZIP then:
Double click it (if security comes up allow it)

follow the prompts like so:
Enter password (type your password then press enter)
Confirm Realtek ALC887 (y/n): Y
Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n):Y
Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): Y
Do you want to copy AppleHDA887.kext to: /System/Library/Extensions? (y/n) Y
Do you want to reboot now? (y/n) Y

After the reboot you should have sound!

now you'll notice sound won't work after sleep if thats the case install one more kext:

codec-commander:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads

Download the kext and use your favorite installation method to install to S/L/E (I recommend kext utility)

YOUR DONE!

What works:
Sound,Ethernet,Video,USB,SATA,SLEEP,etc

What doesn't work :
sound very rarely stops working

Hope this helps someone, I was going crazy trying to make this work to where sleep wouldn't reset my bios

Attachments

• KEXTS.zip
    163.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Clover drivers folders.zip
    80.5 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
What changes did you make to get USB working after sleep?

Sorry to say it's best to just wipe out your existing clover setup and follow mine (if you have the same board).
The key I found was to install as little drivers in clover as possible. And choosing a system defin that matches closest to a real Mac is important. There is not an easy fix, this will probably take you hours of time if you have a different board then me. Good Luck!

Very much thanks to you for this guide. I was long enough didn't be in this hackintosh world since OSX Marvericks. will try it. same hardware but I'm with ATI HD6870.

Greetings Muk546,

Thank you for your guide. The only problems I still have are orange icons for the hard drives and trim. I can't seem to get those to work with the usual config patches. Any ideas!

Greetings Muk546,

Thank you for your guide. The only problems I still have are orange icons for the hard drives and trim. I can't seem to get those to work with the usual config patches. Any ideas!

Fixed it. But not sure how. I think getting the kexts in the Clover/Kext/10.12 folder among other things lost in the heat of rebooting. (What about high sierra on this mb?)

Fixed it. But not sure how. I think getting the kexts in the Clover/Kext/10.12 folder among other things lost in the heat of rebooting. (What about high sierra on this mb?)
I managed to do it, but it involved using a real Mac to install to my hack's drive. Wait for tonymac's new multicast/unibeast they might have a better solution. But if you want to try heres the two posts that explained what I did to get it to work:

Still wait for root device (my solution)

Nvidia Web Drivers High Sierra (my solution)

Last edited:
I managed to do it, but it involved using a real Mac to install to my hack's drive. Wait for tonymac's new multicast/unibeast they might have a better solution. But if you want to try heres the two posts that explained what I did to get it to work:

Still wait for root device (my solution)

Nvidia Web Drivers High Sierra (my solution)
Interesting. I did fix all the Sierra issues. Then I attempted to upgrade via the Apple Store to High Sierra. But my SSD (which is an older but trimmable PNY 240GB) kept running into the Do Not Enter sign. This was odd, because I had Clover set up right and the ASFS.kext in place. I was able to install on a standard HDD. But it was really, really slow. So, for now, I am going to back up the good 10.12.6 installation and try to upgrade or clone with a newer SSD.

Interesting. I did fix all the Sierra issues. Then I attempted to upgrade via the Apple Store to High Sierra. But my SSD (which is an older but trimmable PNY 240GB) kept running into the Do Not Enter sign. This was odd, because I had Clover set up right and the ASFS.kext in place. I was able to install on a standard HDD. But it was really, really slow. So, for now, I am going to back up the good 10.12.6 installation and try to upgrade or clone with a newer SSD.

I cloned a Toshiba SSD. The upgrade to High Sierra works--but no onboard sound and the two storage HDDs would not always mount or not be recognized. So, I went back to Sierra, which is stable. I am beginning to think High Sierra is a honey trap for Hackintoshers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back