Contribute
Register

Fresh install with GTX780 (black screen issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX FORMULA
CPU
Intel i7 7700K
Graphics
MSI Geforce 1080Ti Gaming X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

Read through the forum and saw that many people indeed got this card to work with rather simple methods.
However, I've hit a dead end and I'm stuck with the black screen after boot. The installation screen never appears.

My system:

Asus Sabertooth P67
i7 2600-K
16GB DDR3 Crucial Vengence
Asus GTX 780 (tried VGA--> DVI, HDMI--> DVI and HDMI only, black screen on all)

I have previously had a working install on this system running a GTX 570. But, felt it was time to re-arrange my disks and other stuff when upgrading the video card so therefore a fresh install.

I have tried the following solutions, also adding the -x and -f when unsuccesful.

1. GraphicEnabler=No nvda_drv=1 -v - from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/99678-gtx-780-works.html

They are saying here "... first boot using GraphicsEnabler=No and the kernel flag set to nvda_drv=1." Do you enter kernel flags somewhere else or is at the same place where you enter "'-v" etc?

2. PCIRootUID=O npci=0x3000 -v
3. PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 -v
4. -x GraphicsEnabler=No -v
5. -f GraphicsEnabler=No -v
6. -x -v
7. dart=0 -v

Keep in mind, I am a total n00b at this, my previous install worked perfectly only due to the works of awesome people like you.
Some of the flags I really don't understand what they do so don't get mad :)

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong? My Unibeast stick is 10.8.3 without any bootoptions flags checked.

I have tried different monitors with VGA to DVI, DVI to HDMI and only HDMI - same results after all the boot options above.
I have reset my BIOS-settings, changed everything according to installation guides so no "Still waiting for root device" etc.

I bought the card for gaming in Windows, so no worries if the card isn't fully supported in OS X, but it would still be nice to boot up the computer once in a while :)

If you have any tricks, any ideas or just some thoughts I will be eternally grateful!

Edit 1: I added a video of the boot process using just the -v and "GTX780 works" flags. From what I can tell it looks exactly the same as if was just using -v

Attachments

• videolog.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
No one with a similar problem but different card? Any help or directions would be very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back