Contribute
Register

Freak's GA-X99M-GAMING 5 mATX Build - I7 5930K - GTX 970 - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just tried to upgrade to 3316 and I'm unable to boot.

EDIT:

For those curious, if you do upgrade be sure to just run the new *.pkg with the settings shown on page one of this thread. Otherwise you'll do something silly like not load the 64bit drivers.

kduvernay,

I'm trying to build a hackintosh following this build and I see that you upgraded your mobo to the EVGA X99 Micro2. Is the EVGA X99 Micro2 compatible with this build? Also, I'm thinking of getting the Samsung 950 Pro 256GB PCIe NVMe - M.2. Will the Samsung 950 Pro be compatible with this build?

Hi there I'm running the Msi x99-s gaming 7 motherboard and what load Yosemite would u be able to help in any way at all ?.

I have similar setup:

GA-X99-Gaming 5P
i7 5920K
AMD R9 290

Installation was pretty straight forward and everything works fine, with 2 exceptions:
1. No audio
2. No USB 3.0 (No matter how much patching I do, I still get the USB limit has been reached)

My main problem is that I can't get the audio to work. The motherboard has a Creative Sound Core audio chipset and I can't find any patched kext files anywhere.

VoodooHDA installs and recognises the card, but there is no sound output.
Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: There is sound with VoodooHDA but it's very very low. I have tried to patch the info.plist with no success.

kduvernay,

I'm trying to build a hackintosh following this build and I see that you upgraded your mobo to the EVGA X99 Micro2. Is the EVGA X99 Micro2 compatible with this build? Also, I'm thinking of getting the Samsung 950 Pro 256GB PCIe NVMe - M.2. Will the Samsung 950 Pro be compatible with this build?

Hi!, I'm using SAMSUNG MZHPV256HDGL ssd and it's...ok... well, it is working on x2 lane so it's low speed for now, but I'm hoping to solve this issue.

Been following this guide to the letter, however when I start up Clover, I do not see the option to install Mac. The partition is setup and there, however Clover is not giving me that as an option. Any ideas?

bump, anyone that can help with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back