Contribute
Register

Freak's GA-X99M-GAMING 5 mATX Build - I7 5930K - GTX 970 - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently using Yosemite just for the sake of following the guide
How did you create your install USB? What version of Clover? Partition is already setup? What hardware?

How did you create your install USB? What version of Clover? Partition is already setup? What hardware?

Disk utility, created a single partition called install
used the php code in OP, to make the Yosemite install disk
Clover 2.3k r3354

I successfully see both partitions as separate on the thumb drive, copied all of the files over to overwrite (as per instructions)

Went to boot the drive on my x99, boots into clover just fine, however I do not see any option other than "boot to windows" and the smaller boxes along the bottom, nothing to boot mac

GA-x99m Gaming 5
gtx960
Samsung 850 evo

So you can boot to the usb, did you install Yose to the SSD?

Yes, here is a screenshot of both partitions on my laptop

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 10.07.01 PM.png

This process assumes you are doing a clean install to a new SSD/HD... Is that what you're doing?

As far as I know, yes I believe so. In the instructions the order has the php code go first, which then creates the install Yosemite part, then the clover part.

Honestly I feel like I'm missing something, whether it is the order or what not. The pc I'm trying to install to has a previous windows install on it that I'm using at least until I can get the initial boot going.

But I am currently working off my MacBook to get the usb drive setup

Honestly I feel like I'm missing something, whether it is the order or what not. The pc I'm trying to install to has a previous windows install on it that I'm using at least until I can get the initial boot going.
Yes you are: Like installing Yosemite to the SSD..

1) Boot to the USB Installer and follow the prompts to install OS X. Restart:

2) Boot to USB again and select your boot drive (the ssd/hd you installed to). Run Clover and install to your boot drive. Mount the ssd/hd EFI partition and replace the config.plist with "ssd_config.plist" (Again, rename to config.plist)
*Note:
Do not copy FakeSMC or any other kext to the ssd/hd Clover/EFI partition, we'll install our kext to where they belong, S/L/E using Multibeast.

3) Boot to UEFI:"your boot drive" and run
Multibeast
with these settings:

But that's the problem I'm having, when I boot to the USB, I don't get the option to install Yosemite at all

Once again, This process assumes you are doing a clean install to a new SSD/HD...

But that's the problem I'm having, when I boot to the USB, I don't get the option to install Yosemite at all
Then you made a mistake creating the installer. Additionally you can't install to a Windows partition. I suggest you:
1. Install another SSD for Yosemite.
2. If you want to install to a existing drive, do a forum search "Duall Boot OS X and Windows.
3. Read this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104542-im-new-everything-where-do-i-start.html

EDIT: If you properly created a installer then one of you Clover options would be "Install OSX Yosemite"

Luck with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back