Contribute
Register

Freak's GA-X99M-GAMING 5 mATX Build - I7 5930K - GTX 970 - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-X99M-GAMING 5 (F3 BIOS) + 5960X + Clover 3241 (latest) + OSX 10.10.4

Whatever I tried I couldn't make the system boot in 10.10.4. Stinga's perl patch for Haswell-E didn't change kernel's md5 and KernelHaswellE in Clover didn't help too. I had to use the 10.10.3 original kernel with Clover patching to make it.

Audio doesn't work at all (m/b works as expected in Linux). After trying scripts from @Toleda I had audio outputs shown in the menubar but couldn't get sound out of anything. After testing many things in desperation I now can't even get the audio system recognised anymore. I am removing any applehda, hdaenabler, realtekALC, etc kexts, rebooting, then install original 10.10.4 AppleHDA.kext, fix permissions and rebuild caches, then reboot, then try Toleda's CloverALC OR RealtekALC steps to the letter but nothing in the end. MultiBeast's AppleHDA doesn't work either.

Thanks you for the guide . I have read all of them and tried many but yours was by far the easiest and it worked . Thank you again. The only thing i need help with is getting audio to work. I have tried Toleda but is kind of confusing to me. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 8.15.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 8.15.14 AM.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 124
Thanks you for the guide . I have read all of them and tried many but yours was by far the easiest and it worked . Thank you again. The only thing i need help with is getting audio to work. I have tried Toleda but is kind of confusing to me. Thanks again.
Try this...

View attachment AppleHDA.kext.zip

Thanks I will try it i got audio working on my Displayport through my monitor i hope this will give me sound from my speakers. I also OC and got some performance improvements.

One last question do dropped this on efi\clover\kexts\

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 9.00.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 9.00.28 AM.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 129
I install CloverUEFI for the installer the same way I install Clover to my SSD. The difference in the the two is a different config.plist for the installer as well as adding FakeSMC (without plugins) and VoodooTSCSync.kext to USB/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10. on the installer.

~~

1) Boot to the USB Installer and follow the prompts to install OS X. Restart:

2) Boot to USB again and select your boot drive (the ssd/hd you installed to). Run Clover and install to your boot drive. Mount the ssd/hd EFI partition and replace the config.plist with "ssd_config.plist" (Again, rename to config.plist) *Note: Do not copy FakeSMC or any other kext to the ssd/hd Clover/EFI partition, we'll install our kext to where they belong, S/L/E using Multibeast.

3) Boot to UEFI:"your boot drive" and run Multibeast with these settings:

I keep getting lost in this set of instructions, but I'm a complete noob. Do I install Clover EFI to the USB "Install" that I made with the terminal commands, or am I installing it to somewhere else?

When I install OSX initially, the system currently restarts and then hangs up on "ERP Timer is not specified". I do not get to finalize installation.

I feel like unless I'm misunderstanding something, when I reboot, I should be able to select the first option (Boot from USB) and able to use some method of running Clover, but this has been impossible to find anywhere in the settings or boot menu.

When the heck did I get Multibeast on the new system?

zOw78SI.jpg

Same motherboard with 5820K and 960, Samsung Evo 850 500GB.

No, install in S/L/E

Post your config.plist

Post your config.plist

I did it with the patched AppleHDA. Had to activate FixHPET Clover fix (also have enabled AddDTGP and FixHDA and injected Audio ID 1). It now works, thanks. I was trying Toleda's instructions again and again and his advice was to disable any DSDT fixes in Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back