Contribute
Register

Flickering Integrated Graphics - 8700k, z370n wifi, High Sierra, UHD 630.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
Graphics
Asus 1030
Hey guys,

First off, new to the forum so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place. I'm having issues where my screen is flickering like mad in High Sierra. I have tried numerous 'fixes' but none have managed to make the problem disappear.

Also, being a bit of a newb, I'm not sure what I need to upload to help you guys help me..so if anyone is feeling unbelievably generous and wants to help that would be most welcome and appreciated!

Currently have 128mb allocated to integrated graphics in the BIOS, and do not have a card installed in the system. I had a Asus 610 but it didn't work at all. Interestingly the same graphics card worked fine on my first Hack.

Thanks,
Daniel

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 16.31.43.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 16.31.43.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Clover_Install_Log.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 127
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 206
Have you had any luck? I'm in the exact same boat. I was using a z270 board and 7700k CPU and swapped them for a z370 and 8700k CPU. The strange thing is that when I booted into my z270/7700k build, it works great. I wanted to start from scratch, however, and it flickers or blanks out like crazy. One thins I did notice was that it stopped if I switched from DP to HDMI, but my HDMI cable is only allowing a 30mhz refresh rate. I tried setting the refresh rate to 30mhz using the DP cable instead, and it still flickers.

Have you had any luck? I'm in the exact same boat. I was using a z270 board and 7700k CPU and swapped them for a z370 and 8700k CPU. The strange thing is that when I booted into my z270/7700k build, it works great. I wanted to start from scratch, however, and it flickers or blanks out like crazy. One thins I did notice was that it stopped if I switched from DP to HDMI, but my HDMI cable is only allowing a 30mhz refresh rate. I tried setting the refresh rate to 30mhz using the DP cable instead, and it still flickers.

What is your SIMBIOS set at? Mine was on iMac18,2 and switching it to iMac17,1 fixed my issue on Mojave 10.14.1 and the flickering and ghosting stopped. I'm also connected using DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back