Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sleep now working, however it still wakes after a period of time (maybe 30mins to a few hours) with:
2017-10-30 23:42:55.698535+0800 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHCI ETH0 (Network)

I have wake on ethernet disabled in both BIOS and Mac Energy setting

Any idea's why it could be waking up with reason XCHI ETH0 ?

Thanks !

Edit: attached IO reg.

Attachments

• IOReg.ioreg
    10.5 MB · Views: 137
I have sleep now working, however it still wakes after a period of time (maybe 30mins to a few hours) with:
2017-10-30 23:42:55.698535+0800 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHCI ETH0 (Network)

I have wake on ethernet disabled in both BIOS and Mac Energy setting

Any idea's why it could be waking up with reason XCHI ETH0 ?

Thanks !

Edit: attached IO reg.

XHCI should be renamed to XHC.
ETH0 is obvious its Ethernet.
Probably a issue with Wake On LAN (WOL).
Possibly need to edit Power Properties in ACPI.
Personally id have Intel Ethernet showing under GIGE or GLAN.

XHCI should be renamed to XHC.
ETH0 is obvious its Ethernet.
Probably a issue with Wake On LAN (WOL).
Possibly need to edit Power Properties in ACPI.
Personally id have Intel Ethernet showing under GIGE or GLAN.
Thanks for the reply. I had a DSDT patch n clover to change GBE1 to ETH0. I disabled this and now the wake reason shows

localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHCI GBE1 (Network)

Which is what I would expect. I have WOL disabled in both BIOS and also energy settings - so shouldn't that stop WOL ?

How do I change XHCI to XHC ? Can I do this in a clover DSDT patch ?

Thanks for the reply. I had a DSDT patch n clover to change GBE1 to ETH0. I disabled this and now the wake reason shows

localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHCI GBE1 (Network)

Which is what I would expect. I have WOL disabled in both BIOS and also energy settings - so shouldn't that stop WOL ?

How do I change XHCI to XHC ? Can I do this in a clover DSDT patch ?

Attach Problem Reporting Files.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach Problem Reporting Files.
I disabled the ethernet that was mapped to GBE in BIOS, removed the kext for it from Clover, and deleted it from System Pref -> Network.

After a reboot, it still wakes from sleep with that port specified, however there is no XCHI or Network in the line now
localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: GBE1

I'm confused how this can still be waking, when GBE1 is not showing in IOReg, the port is disabled in BIOS with no driver, and has no cable connected.

In my Clover, I tried enabling the patch to set GBE1 to ETH0, and then the system woke with
localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: ETH0

Currently my Ethernet is connected to ETH1 (which is the second port), so if it was really WOL I would expect it to show ETH1

Attached are my files

Thanks for your help !

Edit: I'm running High Sierra 10.13

Attachments

• EFI GBE1.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 90
  • IOReg GBE1.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hello i configurated my hackintosh...the only problem isnt go sleep.... its go down and 5 second after its wake up.....its my first hackintosh...its possible wake???
i run in sierra 10.12.6

MB:Aorus z270x gaming 5
Intel i7 6700k
Msi GTX 1080 gaming x
// Corsair ax860 // Corsair h100i v2// Ballistic DDR4 2400 32gb //

Last login: Wed Nov 1 17:45:15 on console

yapiyapo-Hackintosh:~ yapiyapo$ pmset -g assertions

2017-11-01 17:48:46 +0100

Assertion status system-wide:

BackgroundTask 0

ApplePushServiceTask 0

UserIsActive 1

PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0

PreventSystemSleep 0

ExternalMedia 0

PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0

NetworkClientActive 0

Listed by owning process:

pid 104(hidd): [0x0000000700098013] 00:03:39 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4294968228.3"

Timeout will fire in 1195 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease

Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB

id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14c00000 owner=Mionix Castor

id=501 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14b00000 owner=Hub in Apple Extended USB Keyboard

id=503 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.15400000 owner=ASM107x

id=505 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14a00000 owner=H100i v2

id=506 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14400000 owner=ASM107x

id=508 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14410000 owner=XBOX ACC

id=509 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14440000 owner=Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows

id=510 level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14420000 owner=TUSB3410 Boot Device

Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

Last edited:
I disabled the ethernet that was mapped to GBE in BIOS, removed the kext for it from Clover, and deleted it from System Pref -> Network.

After a reboot, it still wakes from sleep with that port specified, however there is no XCHI or Network in the line now
localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: GBE1

I'm confused how this can still be waking, when GBE1 is not showing in IOReg, the port is disabled in BIOS with no driver, and has no cable connected.

In my Clover, I tried enabling the patch to set GBE1 to ETH0, and then the system woke with
localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: ETH0

Currently my Ethernet is connected to ETH1 (which is the second port), so if it was really WOL I would expect it to show ETH1

Attached are my files

Thanks for your help !

Edit: I'm running High Sierra 10.13

Some of your patches doesnt make sense.
Native DSDT doesnt have ETH1 but has GBE.
Native DSDT has XHCI Controller as XHCI which needs to be renamed to XHC.
From what it looks like your using a PCI-E Ethernet Card under RP02 with Small tree Drivers?
Use onboard Intel Ethernet with IntelMausi.

Try,
Code:
Change XHCI to XHC
5848435f

Last edited:
Some of your patches doesnt make sense.
Native DSDT doesnt have ETH1 but has GBE.
Native DSDT has XHCI Controller as XHCI which needs to be renamed to XHC.
From what it looks like your using a PCI-E Ethernet Card under RP02 with Small tree Drivers?
Use onboard Intel Ethernet with IntelMausi.

Try,
Code:
Change XHCI to XHC
5848435f
Thanks @VioletDragon !

The DSDT patches were from another build thread, where the said they should be used for my motherboard. I have changed XCHI to XHC and my networks for GBE, the rest of the mappings I still have - are there any you recommend I turn off or change ?

Once I made the changes, I still was waking from sleep showing
localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC GBE1 (Network)

Some more testing and I noticed that if I woke it from keyboard or mouse I would also get Wake reason: XHC GBE1 (Network). So I thought I would disconnect all my other USB devices except keyboard and mouse & then it didn't wake. I left it 4 hours, and will try again over night to confirm.

Just playing around now and it seems like it was a my second razor mouse that was waking it - this one charges from USB, so maybe that is the cause, need to test some more.

Any idea why it says Wake reason: XHC GBE1 (Network) when it's USB ? Is it something wrong with the DSDT mappings ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Thanks @VioletDragon !

The DSDT patches were from another build thread, where the said they should be used for my motherboard. I have changed XCHI to XHC and my networks for GBE, the rest of the mappings I still have - are there any you recommend I turn off or change ?

Once I made the changes, I still was waking from sleep showing
localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHC GBE1 (Network)

Some more testing and I noticed that if I woke it from keyboard or mouse I would also get Wake reason: XHC GBE1 (Network). So I thought I would disconnect all my other USB devices except keyboard and mouse & then it didn't wake. I left it 4 hours, and will try again over night to confirm.

Just playing around now and it seems like it was a my second razor mouse that was waking it - this one charges from USB, so maybe that is the cause, need to test some more.

Any idea why it says Wake reason: XHC GBE1 (Network) when it's USB ? Is it something wrong with the DSDT mappings ?

Thanks !

Try disabling Wake On Bluetooth if your using Bluetooth.
Are you using PCI-E Ethernet Card?
Recommend not using Small Tree drivers. Use IntelMausi.

Try disabling Wake On Bluetooth if your using Bluetooth.
Are you using PCI-E Ethernet Card?
Recommend not using Small Tree drivers. Use IntelMausi.
No it is working currently - it looks like it was caused by a USB device (Razor Mouse). This was a secondary mouse that I don't use & it sits in its charger, charging from USB. My main mouse is a logitech wireless from the unifying USB (no charging).

What's strange is why does waking from USB show up as Wake reason: XHC GBE1 (Network) ? This happens even if I manually wake it from my keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back