Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to add the patches to config.plist without corrupting it? I just copied and pasted them to my config.plist...

Use Xcode. What did you use to edit the config?

Don't use TextEdit. Using TextEdit will damage the Config use Xcode instead.

Got it, I'll try with Xcode. It's quite a new world to me but I'm learning :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Don't use TextEdit. Using TextEdit will damage the Config use Xcode instead.

Just to make sure I'm not going to corrupt config.plist again, can you confirm if in Xcode editor I can copy the "Patches" keys from acpi_dsdt_patches.plist and paste them in config.plist? Or is there a better way to import them to config.plist?

I need help on sleep issues too.

When waking from sleep, the computer crashes, restarts, and tells me an error occurred.
I have attached ioreg. I tried adding ACPI patches, but it didn't fix the sleep problem, and it broke iMessage. I have since removed the patches.

I would really appreciate any ideas you may have!

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    10.2 MB · Views: 138
I need help on sleep issues too.

When waking from sleep, the computer crashes, restarts, and tells me an error occurred.
I have attached ioreg. I tried adding ACPI patches, but it didn't fix the sleep problem, and it broke iMessage. I have since removed the patches.

I would really appreciate any ideas you may have!

Very basic things wrong here..
- CPU PM not implemented
- AppleLPC not loaded
- USB configured incorrectly
- unneeded 3rd party software installed (SoundFlower, AVExGFX, Google Chrome hooking USB ports, WavTap, LiveStreamProCaster, edovia, Telestream)... it is like a crapware party on your system!

I've used i7-7700k with z270i strix MB, using HD630, and I when I wake from sleep, it boots with no screen and reboot again.
I got different failure if I use keyboard and power button to wake up.

Command:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure
Power button:
Code:
Drivers Failure during wake due to GFX0(),SAT0(),GLAN(IntelMausi)
Keyboard:
Code:
Darkwake Exit Failure during wake due to 0x34053000000032

Very basic things wrong here..
- CPU PM not implemented
- AppleLPC not loaded
- USB configured incorrectly
- unneeded 3rd party software installed (SoundFlower, AVExGFX, Google Chrome hooking USB ports, WavTap, LiveStreamProCaster, edovia, Telestream)... it is like a crapware party on your system!

I changed my smbios to iMac17,1 (matches 6700k cpu), and I added a bunch of ACPI patches for things such as USB and Apple LPC. System still crashes on wake, though. I have attached my new ioreg & kernel panic log

Attachments

• ioreg new.ioreg
    9.4 MB · Views: 146
  • kernel panic log.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 164
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back