Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken Sleep is caused by USB 3. Etron EJ168 is not supported 10.11+. Better to disable it and not use sleep.
Thanks for looking into this, but why then my USB3.0 port are working in El Cap and Sierra? I have just tried disabling USB3.0 in UEFI BIOS and my computer behave the same way it did before. Let me try to unload XCHI kext prior to it and test it one more time. Sleep is more crucial for me than USB 3.0.

Thanks for looking into this, but why then my USB3.0 port are working in El Cap and Sierra? I have just tried disabling USB3.0 in UEFI BIOS and my computer behave the same way it did before. Let me try to unload XCHI kext prior to it and test it one more time. Sleep is more crucial for me than USB 3.0.

Etron EJ168 is not supported in El Capitan or Sierra and breaks sleep same with some Renesas USB 3 controllers. Only Intel USB 3 is supported. If you want sleep then you will have to update to Series 7 or newer. Although my Intel DH67BL which has Renesas USB 3 sleeps perfectly fine but USB 3 doesn't work.

Etron EJ168 is not supported in El Capitan or Sierra and breaks sleep same with some Renesas USB 3 controllers. Only Intel USB 3 is supported. If you want sleep then you will have to update to Series 7 or newer. Although my Intel DH67BL which has Renesas USB 3 sleeps perfectly fine but USB 3 doesn't work.
Darn :( Thanks for looking into this!

Attachments

• k-pax.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 93
Can someone look at my config plist and let me know what might not be there that is causing sleep not to work nor have the Power Nap option at all? I do have 14,2 profile on there so Power Nap should be there.

I have a Platform power management setting in my Gigabyte MObo bios that is disabled, because I didn't know what that is.

Should I be changing anything on Darkwave on the config plist?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 184
I thought about it, I used to patch DSDT to prevent waking from Bluetooth, but have no idea how to make with Clover when there is no DSDT. Thanks a million in advance!

USB 2.0 Ports are coming under EHC1, EHC2 not correct should be coming under EH01,EH02. Rename EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02 in DSDT or you could use Clovers Hotpatch. USB 3.0 is coming under RP05, PXSX, RP06,PXSX.

Since Sierra my computer restarts instead of waking up. Takes a long time for it to restart too.

same here too.
In my build, sleep seems ok, but wake up only turn on fans, about 10 seconds, it will restart.

same here too.
In my build, sleep seems ok, but wake up only turn on fans, about 10 seconds, it will restart.

I am on the same boat as you guys with a Precision T3500. I really hope there is a permanent fix soon and we don't have to end up going back to Yosemite for a fully working system + sleep fixed. I am almost tempted to go back to Yosemite just to relieve the headache of testing and just get back to getting some work done :/

SATA is coming under SAT0 need to rename SAT0 to SATA in DSDT. Not quite sure on why you have SSDT-USB never a good idea to have a DSDT with a SSDT that patches ACPI. Its either the one or the other.

I changed all SAT0 entries in the DSDT to SATA with find & replace and the same with
GFX0 to IGPU (got a lot of Method Local is set but never used (Local0) warnings after that),
_DSM to XDSM
and I tried _OSI to XOSI but got the error that the object doesn't exist.
I deleted the USB SSDT but I'm not sure how to transport it into the DSDT.

I'm also not sure if I need the piker SSDT? Nobody replied to my thread so I remain uncertain.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/correct-power-management-on-skylake.216805/

Also after some wild research, the issue seems to be with the memory, ram, but I really can't tell what half of the stuff I read means :/
The kernel panic I posted in this post
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-sleep-on-sierra.199706/page-24#post-1455327

Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back