Contribute
Register

Fix Sleep on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Sleep started working perfectly after I deleted sleepimage and `pmset hibernate mode 0`

My issue was that when I turned off my monitor and turned it back on it would stay off. I just deleted sleepimage (which was actually a folder I created as per a guide) and also did 'pmset hibernatemode 0' then rebooted and now my monitor appears to wake up. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not!

I have the Z170x Gaming 5 with MSI GTX 1070, with darkwake=0 it sleeps just fine but when I try to "bring it back to life" display and everything comes on, I see my desktop background and all the icons, cursor etc but it's totally frozen and nothing works until I hard power it off and power it on again. Any ideas?

Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.

Hi BreBo and thank you for your time, another forum member prompted me to also include a copy of my error messages (kernel) etc so I will go ahead and post those here as well and maybe if you have some time you can give me some insight on what to do.

I have also updated my system information on my profile here.

Again thanks for your time. :)

Attachments

• kernel_panic_files.zip
    391.3 KB · Views: 146
@VioletDragon - Hope ok to post here as problem is with High Sierra....

Sleep not working in 10.13.6

I think I have enabled native power management correctly following the guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

Power management screen now looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 13.36.42.png

Sleep does not work, screens go black, fans stop spinning then machine immediately powers back up.

I've attached ioreg, clover and screen shot of power states output in terminal (I dont know how to interpret the data)

Can you help me fix sleep? I notice also that since enabling native power management with the SSDT I dont have the option to set a timer for sleep, only "Turn display off after:"

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back