Contribute
Register

Fix iMessage and App Store on Mavericks? Ethernet Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Vostro 3350
CPU
i3-2310M
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
On my desktop PC, I have successfully installed OS X Mavericks. Everything works well, the computer is connected to the internet using Wi-Fi.
Now, the only problem I have is, the App Store and iMessage don't work. I've seen tutorials for OS X Yosemite, but not for Mavericks.
This apparently has something to do with the ethernet. (I'm connected through Wi-Fi, not ethernet).

On my desktop PC, I have successfully installed OS X Mavericks. Everything works well, the computer is connected to the internet using Wi-Fi.
Now, the only problem I have is, the App Store and iMessage don't work. I've seen tutorials for OS X Yosemite, but not for Mavericks.
This apparently has something to do with the ethernet. (I'm connected through Wi-Fi, not ethernet).

For the Mac App Store, you need to have working built-in Ethernet at 'en0'. Did you install Ethernet drivers for your hardware?

iMessage is more complex: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Installed the first kext, however, I have no way of testing it. Everything is still functioning.
Unfortunately, the App Store is still not working. I can't log in without receiving an error. Here's some more information about my system.

Dual Boot OS X Mavericks 10.9.5/Windows 7
8 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 (Using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, does not boot with GraphicsEnabler=No).
1TB Hard Drive (500 GB for each OS)

Thanks in advance for helping me. The App Store can be a bit frustrating on a hackintoshed PC.

Installed the first kext, however, I have no way of testing it. Everything is still functioning.
Unfortunately, the App Store is still not working. I can't log in without receiving an error. Here's some more information about my system.

Dual Boot OS X Mavericks 10.9.5/Windows 7
8 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 (Using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, does not boot with GraphicsEnabler=No).
1TB Hard Drive (500 GB for each OS)

Thanks in advance for helping me. The App Store can be a bit frustrating on a hackintoshed PC.

You should check in ioreg to see if the kext is loading (or check your device-id against those in the Info.plist to see if it even supports your device).

If not, use NullEthernet.

You should check in ioreg to see if the kext is loading (or check your device-id against those in the Info.plist to see if it even supports your device).

If not, use NullEthernet.
I don't understand the instructions on how to install NullEthernet. I'm sort of new to hackintoshing.
Is it not just a kext I can install?

I don't understand the instructions on how to install NullEthernet. I'm sort of new to hackintoshing.
Is it not just a kext I can install?

It is a kext + a catalyst to load the kext (either injector, DSDT patch, or SSDT).

It is a kext + a catalyst to load the kext (either injector, DSDT patch, or SSDT).
Well, I can't use a DSDT, I don't think my computer needs SSDT, so that leaves me with the injector.
Is this that difficult to install with the injector?

Well, I can't use a DSDT, I don't think my computer needs SSDT,

You seem to be confused.

You can use a patched DSDT in any computer. And this SSDT has nothing to do with CPU-related SSDTs.

so that leaves me with the injector.
Is this that difficult to install with the injector?

You can use an injector only if you have an unsupported Ethernet device. Installing using an injector is covered in the README.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back