Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

I'm afraid I didn't

Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 00.35.06.png

sys info: Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 MB

EDIT: Also when I want to install chrome extension, like Adblock it logs me off - if that helps somehow

I'm afraid I didn't

View attachment 172283

sys info: Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 MB

EDIT: Also when I want to install chrome extension, like Adblock it logs me off - if that helps somehow

Kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts are not injected when FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

Since your system boots and your image does not show FakeSMC.kext, I can only assume that FakeSMC.kext is installed to /S/L/E or /L/E, in which case I would not expect kexts in Clover/kexts to be loaded.

All kexts should be installed to /S/L/E (or /L/E on 10.11). Clover/kexts is only for essential kexts needed to boot the installer and recovery partition.

You can read about it in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts are not injected when FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

Since your system boots and your image does not show FakeSMC.kext, I can only assume that FakeSMC.kext is installed to /S/L/E or /L/E, in which case I would not expect kexts in Clover/kexts to be loaded.

All kexts should be installed to /S/L/E (or /L/E on 10.11). Clover/kexts is only for essential kexts needed to boot the installer and recovery partition.

You can read about it in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Ooh, so that was the deal! From my understanding, storing kexts in Clover was preferred over S/L/E, because you can perform OS updates etc. without issues... so much for my english...

Reason, why I`ve stored FakeSMC in S/L/E and not in EFI/Clover is, that Ive read its supposed to be there...

Thanks man!

Thank you so much for this thread using this settings and faking my cpu in clover i was able to install EC on the g3258 with native graphics however i am having a lot of flickering on the screen and only showing 7MB of graphics in system profile ... I know this is a laptop support thread but this method worked for me on the G3258 .... Maybe i can try with different buffer edits on clover ??? what can you recommend me to do ???? I know this might be a longshot since the G3258 isnt quite the full HD4600 and if i could i would just buy a dedicated GPU but this build is using an antek ISK 110 so no room for nothing else ... But maybe we could find a solution and add a really budget CPU to the list of compatible CPUs

Thanks

Shremi

Thank you so much for this thread using this settings and faking my cpu in clover i was able to install EC on the g3258 with native graphics however i am having a lot of flickering on the screen and only showing 7MB of graphics in system profile ... I know this is a laptop support thread but this method worked for me on the G3258 .... Maybe i can try with different buffer edits on clover ??? what can you recommend me to do ???? I know this might be a longshot since the G3258 isnt quite the full HD4600 and if i could i would just buy a dedicated GPU but this build is using an antek ISK 110 so no room for nothing else ... But maybe we could find a solution and add a really budget CPU to the list of compatible CPUs

Thanks

Shremi

The g3258 does not have integrated graphics supported by any version of OS X. It is not HD4600.

You need a supported graphics card.

Any further desktop questions here are off-topic. Open a separate thread in the appropriate desktop forum.

Hello foks!

Just adquired a new laptop, Toshiba S50-B-11T and wanted to install a MacOS partition to allow me test my programs there (I'm mainly a Linux/Windows developer and want also my apps to work on MacOSX).

The think is that I just Clover to configure it, but somehow the Graphic Card part is doing derp stuff.

I mean, this laptop gots an Intel HD 4400 / Radeon R7 M260, 6GB of DDR3L which 2 of them are dedicated to graphic card.

Ok, try searching if I can enable the R7 over the forum and also Google and have no luck at all, so decided to go for the Intel which is enough for having a nice use experience I thought. But somehow it only detects me 4MB of RAM instead of 1024 or 2048 or something :(

Tried which your kexts installing them at S/L/E and later at E/E/C/k but somehow it's not detecting the correct amount... Is there something I'm missing? Thanks.

PS: RehabMan your work on github it's amazing.

Hello foks!

Just adquired a new laptop, Toshiba S50-B-11T and wanted to install a MacOS partition to allow me test my programs there (I'm mainly a Linux/Windows developer and want also my apps to work on MacOSX).

The think is that I just Clover to configure it, but somehow the Graphic Card part is doing derp stuff.

I mean, this laptop gots an Intel HD 4400 / Radeon R7 M260, 6GB of DDR3L which 2 of them are dedicated to graphic card.

Ok, try searching if I can enable the R7 over the forum and also Google and have no luck at all, so decided to go for the Intel which is enough for having a nice use experience I thought. But somehow it only detects me 4MB of RAM instead of 1024 or 2048 or something :(

Tried which your kexts installing them at S/L/E and later at E/E/C/k but somehow it's not detecting the correct amount... Is there something I'm missing? Thanks.

PS: RehabMan your work on github it's amazing.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Not possible to use the Radeon as it isn't dedicated (more info in the FAQ).

I already read before my first post, and reading it again just in case I miss something.

Of course I know Radeon it's imposible, that's why I want the Intel working.

It still shows me: Intel HD Graphics 4400 (which is OK). VRAM: 4MB (Wrong) after reading the fAQ and this post.

I already put the FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kexts, and the ig-platform-id and nothing, also tried with FakePCIID and a FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400 instead, but still no luck at all.

Edit: Doing a clean reinstallation due I broke something testing :(

I already read before my first post, and reading it again just in case I miss something.

Of course I know Radeon it's imposible, that's why I want the Intel working.

It still shows me: Intel HD Graphics 4400 (which is OK). VRAM: 4MB (Wrong) after reading the fAQ and this post.

I already put the FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kexts, and the ig-platform-id and nothing, also tried with FakePCIID and a FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400 instead, but still no luck at all.

Edit: Doing a clean reinstallation due I broke something testing :(

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Back