Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

Motherboard
Asus Vivobook X510UA-BQ490
CPU
i5-8250u
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Hi. I have an i5-4200U which I think should have Intel HD Graphics 4400, as I searched Google and checked on Windows 10. Now I'm wondering why my IOReg and About This Mac shows HD 4600 with device ID (0)a16. I don't think I have any problems with running graphics related apps, etc though. Can anybody tell me why?
Also something about DPCIManager; it shows my iGPU has the device ID 0412, whereas IOReg says I have (0)a16. I don't get it.

Edit: Solved by myself.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Probook 640 G1
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Looking for some help with an HP "hackintosh".

Firstly - I have read many guides, but given the sheer number of updates for newer versions of the OS, I'm a little lost and hence asking for help.

Installed El Capitan to an HP Probook following one of the 'easier' guides. Using El Capitan as it is what my Mac Pro 3,1 has installed. Booting using Clover.

All seems well, except I have a problem with gfx. There is a display, according to system report it is 1024x768! It isn't, as the display is widescreen and appears to be 1368x768. The screen is capable of 1600x900.

I installed FakePCIID FakeINtelGFX (as per page 1 of this thread); I copied the two files to desktop and used KextBeast to install them. Edited the config.plist in EFI\Clover\config.plist to include the Intel key setting from page 1 on this thread.

When I reboot, the boot logo gets to about 50% (half way underneath the Apple logo) and either freezes, or reboots after a lengthy pause. If the later, Clover shows something like "boot from system (hibernating)"

Q1. It is not clear where I should install the kext files above; to system\library\extensions, to library\extensions, into the EFI\clover\kexts folder.

(apologies if these paths are not accurate, I'm typing from memory as I cant get into my hackbook!)

Q2. How does one install a kext file into the EFI partition - just copy it?

Given I am using El Capitan, is the latest version of FakePCIID and FakeIntel appropriate, or should I use older versions? If so, what versions?

Q3 which is the better option for El Capitan; FakeXXXX kexts, or whenevergreen and lilu kexts?

I'm new to the Mac ecosystem, but enjoying the hackintosh challenge!

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Looking for some help with an HP "hackintosh".

Firstly - I have read many guides, but given the sheer number of updates for newer versions of the OS, I'm a little lost and hence asking for help.

Installed El Capitan to an HP Probook following one of the 'easier' guides. Using El Capitan as it is what my Mac Pro 3,1 has installed. Booting using Clover.

All seems well, except I have a problem with gfx. There is a display, according to system report it is 1024x768! It isn't, as the display is widescreen and appears to be 1368x768. The screen is capable of 1600x900.

I installed FakePCIID FakeINtelGFX (as per page 1 of this thread); I copied the two files to desktop and used KextBeast to install them. Edited the config.plist in EFI\Clover\config.plist to include the Intel key setting from page 1 on this thread.

When I reboot, the boot logo gets to about 50% (half way underneath the Apple logo) and either freezes, or reboots after a lengthy pause. If the later, Clover shows something like "boot from system (hibernating)"

Q1. It is not clear where I should install the kext files above; to system\library\extensions, to library\extensions, into the EFI\clover\kexts folder.

(apologies if these paths are not accurate, I'm typing from memory as I cant get into my hackbook!)

Q2. How does one install a kext file into the EFI partition - just copy it?

Given I am using El Capitan, is the latest version of FakePCIID and FakeIntel appropriate, or should I use older versions? If so, what versions?

Q3 which is the better option for El Capitan; FakeXXXX kexts, or whenevergreen and lilu kexts?

I'm new to the Mac ecosystem, but enjoying the hackintosh challenge!
your laptop has a guide:

Motherboard
HP Probook 640 G1
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks for the reply, Feartech... trying to follow that one. Any thoughts re the questions appreciated though

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks for the reply, Feartech... trying to follow that one. Any thoughts re the questions appreciated though
a lot of your questions will be answered upon completing the guide but if you have questions then you can open up a new thread and we can see what we can do :)

Motherboard
HP Probook 640 G1
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Many thanks. This is a "personal interest" project using an old notebook, "because I can", so in burning hurry. Have guide and lapintosh at the ready, RTFG'ing first :)

Motherboard
Lenovo Horizon 2
CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
HD 4200
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hello All,
I've read on all I could find here in the forum regarding HD4200. I need some advise here. I already installed the kext mentioned as per screenshot. I am still stuck with 7MB on my HD4200.
appreciate your inputs. Cheers!
View attachment 386921

Dear All,

attached is my Problem reporting

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Dear All,

attached is my Problem reporting
Start with the guide:

Motherboard
Asus q501la
CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
HD 4400
Now set 10.13.6

The problem is that it works only with CSM, otherwise glich graphics

1) at 10.12.6 everything was as good in the device displaying the sound intel HD Audio
2) In the top panel there was a graphic adapter icon

Graphics started with WhateverGreen.kext+Lilu.kext

frame id = 0x0A160000(1024mb) in SSDT-5 or with this id 0x0a260006(glich in programs)

how fix it? or this norm?

Attachments

Motherboard
Lenovo Horizon 2
CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
HD 4200
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi. I have an i5-4200U which I think should have Intel HD Graphics 4400, as I searched Google and checked on Windows 10. Now I'm wondering why my IOReg and About This Mac shows HD 4600 with device ID (0)a16. I don't think I have any problems with running graphics related apps, etc though. Can anybody tell me why?
Also something about DPCIManager; it shows my iGPU has the device ID 0412, whereas IOReg says I have (0)a16. I don't get it.

Edit: Solved by myself.
Hello can you share with me how you solved this? sounds like the same as my problem.