Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, so i decided to take the plunge and build my first mackintosh. Building the computer is absolutely fine as I've done this a lot, except after setting up the BIOS (setting OS Type to 'Other') etc, the machine refuses to boot the set up and simply freezes on the Apple splash screen.

I've tried a number of different boot flags which have all been unsuccessful so any help would be appreciated, can add screenshots later :) my spec is as below...

intel core i7 3930K CPU
Fractal Design newton 1000W PSU
Sabertooth X79 motherboard
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 770 OC 4GB DDR5 GPU
Corsair H80i CPU Cooler

any help actually getting the setup to boot would be really helpful, thankyou in advance!!:crazy::crazy:

Ok, so i decided to take the plunge and build my first mackintosh. Building the computer is absolutely fine as I've done this a lot, except after setting up the BIOS (setting OS Type to 'Other') etc, the machine refuses to boot the set up and simply freezes on the Apple splash screen.

I've tried a number of different boot flags which have all been unsuccessful so any help would be appreciated, can add screenshots later :) my spec is as below...

intel core i7 3930K CPU
Fractal Design newton 1000W PSU
Sabertooth X79 motherboard
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 770 OC 4GB DDR5 GPU
Corsair H80i CPU Cooler

any help actually getting the setup to boot would be really helpful, thankyou in advance!!:crazy::crazy:

I don't have your motherboard and have not had to deal with a bios with 'other'.

Here are some general things to know though. The standard method on this site using unibeast to make the usb requires booting using MBR. So you need to be booting using this method. If you are getting to the splash screen with the little circle, that should be good. You need AHCI for SATA mode in the motherboard bios, you should be using a USB 2 port and not 3 for all of the peripherals you are going to use for the install. This includes the usb memory stick.

And just so you know, boot flags are entered like this < -f -v -GraphicsEnabler=No>, minus the <> of course. You need them separated by spaces. The -v -f are a good combo to use, and the text output should give a hint as to the problem. There can be a fare amount of trial and error, and since OS X has no ability to deal with hardware problems, even small details can stop the whole OS. It is much more of a does/doesn't work system than with Windows. There are several boot flags for graphics cards, but likely you should get the text output during booting working first.

Thankyou for your reply,
ive gotten to the circle and attempted to boot the install process which dies when the apple logo appears on screen, I have been using a USB 3 port thought so I will attempt on a 2. I'll post a screen shot with the results :D
thanks again!

when booting using the parameters you suggested, i got these results, this is the screen which it froze at and then after a few seconds got no response on my monitor, this is turning out to be more complicated than i thought it would be :p

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 243
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back