Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV-A436CD Wi-Fi/Bluetooth issues Ventura

UPD:
I was able to connect a Bluetooth mouse, but cursor has a lot of lag and freezes. So it's unusable.
I tried connecting the same mouse to the MacBook and it works fine.
AirPods also failed to connect.
AirDrop doesn't work.
Handoff works.
AW unlock works.
Wi-Fi *terrible*.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 21.39.41.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 21.39.41.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 22.53.31.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 22.53.31.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 7
One of the two ASMedia HS01 PXSX ports will be served from a Type-c+sw (9) connector on the rear I/O plate.
The other one will be served from a USB3 Type-A (3) connector.

You currently have both set as USB3, one of them is wrong. So you are not quite there with regards your USB Port Configuration.

You need to confirm which port is from the Type-A connector (cyan coloured tang) and which is served from the Type-C connector. Then change one of the virtual USB2 ports accordingly.

When you have done this post a copy of your Whole EFI so we can see exactly what you are using.

Remember to delete/redact your Serial Number from the config.plist before you post a copy here.

You need to confirm which port is from the Type-A connector (cyan coloured tang) and which is served from the Type-C connector. Then change one of the virtual USB2 ports accordingly.
I found that after editing the ports and applying the kext, USB Type-A (Cyan) began to show up in Hackintool.
But it's speed like 2.0, which is strange.
Accordingly, I probably found a Type-C port. By assigning it a Type-C+Sw connector, kext import and restart the system, settings are reset, and I still get USB3.
So, I guess needed to connect something to the Type C connector. I can't test this as I don't have macOS compatible type-C devices.
Please find my EFI archive below.
Thanks for your patience and help!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 01.00.14.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 01.00.14.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I found that after editing the ports and applying the kext, USB Type-A (Cyan) began to show up in Hackintool.
But it's speed like 2.0, which is strange.
Accordingly, I probably found a Type-C port. By assigning it a Type-C+Sw connector, kext import and restart the system, settings are reset, and I still get USB3.
So, I guess needed to connect something to the Type C connector. I can't test this as I don't have macOS compatible type-C devices.
Please find my EFI archive below.
Thanks for your patience and help!
HS07 and HS08 shouldn't be internal

HS07 and HS08 shouldn't be internal
Corrected. Thank you.

I can't save Hackintool settings. I make changes, save, put the kext in the OC → Kexts folder.
I'm making an OC snapshot via ProperTree, saves, reboot, TypeC+SW settings are not saved.

Please look at the screenshot before and after the reboot.

I don't need Type-C.
I removed these 2 ports, SS01/HS01.
After saving and rebooting, I still see it.
In addition, Type-C creates 2 additional ports, exceeding the 15 port limit (total is 17 now).
Is it a problem? Or this the AsMedia ports connected via the HS05/SS05 hub?
I heard that up to 127 USB ports can be connected to one USB port, and this will not be considered going beyond the limits of macOS.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.png
    2.png
    142 KB · Views: 15
  • 3.png
    3.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 15
Corrected. Thank you.

I can't save Hackintool settings. I make changes, save, put the kext in the OC → Kexts folder.
I'm making an OC snapshot via ProperTree, saves, reboot, TypeC+SW settings are not saved.

I don't need Type-C.
In addition, Type-C creates 2 additional ports, exceeding the 15 port limit (total is 17 now).
I heard that up to 127 USB ports can be connected to one USB port, and this will not be considered going beyond the limits of macOS.

Your PXSX ports do not count as a part of the 15-port limit. In fact any USB ports provided by an ASMedia chipset.

Any "hub" is actually only 1x root USB port. Yes, you can connect many devices via a hub. This is nothing to do with the 15-port limit.

Corrected. Thank you.

I don't need Type-C.
there is no need to do oc snapshots if all you are doing is replacing a kext :)

there is no need to do oc snapshots if all you are doing is replacing a kext :)
I do this to double-check! It's already become a habit:lol:
I can't remove or edit Type-C ports. I delete this, it's appear again.
I'm trying to change the connector type to TypeC+Sw - after rebooting, I still get USB3.:banghead:
I want to open a kext via ProperTree and manually remove the Type-C port.
Also, I started using SSDT-USBX.aml generated by Hackintool. This didn't solve all the problems, but it works!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 13.32.36.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 13.32.36.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 12
Here is how to do
Hello! Thank you very much!
Unfortunately, it didn't help.
The ports still available as USB3.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 14.16.06.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 14.16.06.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 16
I'm guessing that when macOS boots, the AsMedia driver intervenes and injects the ports.
Manually editing ports doesn't disable this USBs.

Back