Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!
I want to thank all the participants of this forum. Thanks to you, I solved a lot of issues by reading the threads!

I'm faced with the Fenvi network card problem for several months, tried to find a solution on the Internet, but to no avail.

I built a Hackintosh in 2022.
Ordered a Fenvi card on AliExpress to unlocking my Hack using Apple Watch. Use AirDrop and HandOff. Mostly used Bluetooth only, and it's worked with some minor issues. I used the Internet via Ethernet cable.

Now, using a cable to connect to the Internet became a problem. I started working with Wi-Fi BCM94360CD. Immediately I faced problems.

Hardware:
1. Motherboard AsRock Z370 Taichi
2. CPU Intel Core i7 9700KF
3. GPU AMD Radeon RX6600 XT
4. Wi-Fi board Fenvi FV-A436CD (BCM94360CD) PCI version. I can provide a link to the network card if it's not against the forum rules (AliExpress link).
5. SMBIOS MacPro7,1

BIOS settings:
1. CFG Lock - Disabled
2. VT-d - Disable
3. Above 4G Decoding - Enabled
4. Thunderbolt Security level - No Security
5. XHCI Hand-off - Enabled
6. Fast Boot - Disabled
7. CSM - Disabled

Very often macOS disconnects me from the access point, then I get a reconnecting error.
5GHz connection stops working, forcing me to 2.4GHz.
The speed is unstable, dropping to 5 megabits for download and 100 for upload. High ping. I've seen 3000 ms!
There's an MPB on the table nearby, and it gets about 280/170 megabits and a ping of 10 ms.
Bluetooth works terribly, my AirPods are detected by the system and connected. As soon as I turn on the music, the headphones disconnected.
Unlocking AW works 2 times and 20. Bluetooth setting window freezes when connecting to device.

At that time, I was using Monterey and thought that the problem was in the config.plist setting.
I completely reinstalled the system. Now I have factory new Ventura.

I didn't transfer the old config and SSDTs. Created it again, mapped USB using USBToolBox. But the problems weren't solved.

In Windows 10 Bluetooth works great, but there are also problems with Wi-Fi.
On Windows, I get about 200/170 megabits. Packets are periodically lost.
But when I reinstall the driver, the card starts working properly. I get 280/170 and ping is around 10ms.

Problems often arise when rebooting from Windows to macOS and back.
If I use Windows for a few days, the problem with Wi-Fi disappears. I get full speed. As soon as I reboot into macOS, I again get the same.
Sometimes I get full speed on macOS, but it doesn't last long. Therefore, I can rule out a problem with the antenna and signal quality. (Signal/noise -56 dBm/-77 dBm, full Wi-Fi icon in the status bar).
AirPlay works great with full Wi-Fi speed. When the speed drops, it skips frames and turns off.
At the same time, the system also stutters at the moment of missing frames.

What I tried:
1. Moved fenvi to another PCI-E slot
2. Swapped antennas using UFL replug
3. Reinstalled the system, correct config, re-mapped the USBs, SSDTs.
4. Used a different SMBIOS (iMac19.1)
5. Tried turning DisableIoMapper, DisableIoMapperMapping, ExtendBTFeatureFlags on and off in config.plist
6. Reset BIOS, NVRAM
7. Disabled Bluetooth physically, disconnected the cable from the internal USB bus.

I didn't change the router settings.
I have several Apple devices in my house (including an MBP with a BCM943602CS) and this work great.
Likewise, I have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi from intel built into the motherboard, I used them before buying fenvi, connecting kexts. Everything worked perfectly.
Yes, I disabled Intel Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in UEFI settings before installing Ventura and USB mapping.

I believe this is due to a problem loading the firmware into the ROM of the BCM94360CD when the system starts. But I could be wrong.
I've attached my config.plist and screenshots of the system report, as well as the Internet speed.

I apologize for the large text. Likewise, I tried to outline all the nuances.

Please let me know if you require any further information.
Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?
Maybe I missed something obvious:)
Thank you very much for the answers and help!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.png
    2.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.png
    4.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 5.png
    5.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 6.png
    6.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 46
  • config.plist
    29.6 KB · Views: 26
Two things standout from a very quick read of your post and look at the images.
  1. You should not be using the iMac19,1 SMBIOS, as your system lacks an IGPU.
    1. You should be using either the iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 SMBIOS with your system.
    2. The MacPro7,1 makes more sense given you are using an RX 6600XT discrete GPU.
  2. Your USB configuration is wrong.
    1. Port HS06 - Broadcom bluetooth module, assume this is connected to a motherboard USB2 header port. So this port should be set with 'Internal' (255) connector type, not USB2.
    2. Ports HS05 & SS05 - ASMedia device, assume this is connected to a motherboard USB3 header port. So these two ports should be set with 'USB3' (3) connector type, not Internal.
    3. One of the two ASMedia PXSX USB ports is a Type-C connector on the rear I/O plate, as shown in the screenshot below.
      1. Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 21.35.15.png
      2. So two of these ports (HS01 & SS01) should be set with Type-c+sw (9) connector type, not USB3.
    4. I would question the correctness of the other ports set as USB2 (HS06, HS07 & HS08), as you motherboard doesn't contain any Physical USB2 ports on the rear I/O plate. Physical USB2 ports are the only ports that should ever be set with USB2 (0) connector type.
These are the settings you need to keep in mind when setting/configuring your USB ports for macOS.
  • USB2 (0) - Physical USB2 ports on rear I/O plate, these ports always have a Black coloured tang.
  • USB3 (3)- Physical USB3 ports on rear I/O plate, these ports can have a Red, Yellow, Blue or Cyan coloured tang. Screenshot above shows Blue and Cyan coloured tangs to Type-A USB3 ports.
    • Virtual USB2 ports - companion ports served from physical USB3 ports, should be set the same as the physical port, i.e. USB3 (3).
  • USB3 (3)- Motherboard Header, usually serving the case front USB3 ports.
    • Virtual USB2 ports - companion ports served from physical USB3 ports, should be set the same as the physical port, i.e. USB3 (3).
  • Internal (255) - Motherboard USB2 header, this will be any device served from a USB2 header port, such as Bluetooth module, case front USB2 ports, case front card reader etc.
  • Type-c+sw (9) - Type-C connector on Rear I/O plate, will only show two ports being available when the Type-C device is flipped 180° and reinserted, 1 x Physical Type-C and 1 x virtual USB2 port.
  • Type-c (10) - Type-C (E) motherboard header, will show four ports being available when the Type-C device is flipped 180° and reinserted, 2 x Type-C and 2 x virtual USB2 ports. Usually serving Case front Type-C port
P.S. Sort the Hackintool USB tab by LocationID, so the companion ports align together, specifically the PXSX ports.

If you are using OpenCore 0.9.3 or newer then you should do the following:
  1. Remove your current UTBMap.kext and USBToolBox.kext, including the companion entry for the kexts in the config.plist..
  2. Add USBInjectAll.kext to your OC setup, including the companion entry for the kext in the config.plist.
  3. Enable Kernel > Quirks > XhciPortLimit entry in your config.plist, as this Quirk works in the latest OC releases.
Not sure if these recommendations will solve your WiFi issues but they should definitely be dealt with before you continue any further troubleshooting.

I have had a look at your config.plist and would comment as follows:
  1. You seem to be missing SSDT-AWAC.aml, not sure if your Z370 system needs this SSDT.
  2. You are missing a few standard Drivers:
    1. OpenCanopy.efi
    2. ResetNvramEntry.efi
    3. ToggleSipEntry.efi
  3. You are missing a populated Resources folder, which can be obtained from Acidanthera's Github repository linked below. This with the OpenCanopy.efi driver will allow you to use the OC GUI in place of the Picker list.
    1. https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData
    2. You will need to change the Misc > Boot > PickerMode entry in your config.plist from Builtin to External for the OC GUI to show.
  4. You have a number of unused entries, patches etc. in your config, which do nothing for your system. Cleaning them out makes your config easier to navigate and read.
  5. You have a couple of entries in your config that do not follow the Dortania OC guide for a CFL system like yours.
I have attached a cleaned up and revised config.plist for you to review and try (if you want).

Obviously I can't add the drivers etc. to your config.plist without access to your whole EFI folder. So you will need to add the drivers & Resources folder before updating your config.plist.

Attachments

• config-2.plist.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 25
Thank you for your quick response!
You should not be using the iMac19,1 SMBIOS, as your system lacks an IGPU.
Yes, I've been using SMBIOS MacPro7,1 for a long time. In one of the threads, a participant installed SMBIOS iMac19.1 and this solved the problems with the network card. I just tried it and pointed it out.
Your USB configuration is wrong.
You are right, setting up USB ports really turned out to be a problem for me.
I used USBToolBox in automatic mode:
D - discover ports → Connected flash to all USB ports, waited for the program to detect USB devices and save it → S - Select ports and build kext → D - Disable all empty ports → P - Enable all populated ports → K - Build UTBMap.kext.
Remove your current UTBMap.kext and USBToolBox.kext, including the companion entry for the kexts in the config.plist..
Did I understand correctly that I can avoid doing USB Mapping using USBToolBox and get by enabling XhciPortLimit and adding the USBInjectAll kext, or is this a temporary step?
You seem to be missing SSDT-AWAC.aml, not sure if your Z370 system needs this SSDT.
SSDTTime not found devices to generate SSDT-AWAC.aml. I decided not to use it.
I'll add the one generated from SSDT-AWAC Dortania.
You are missing a few standard Drivers
Not only that, but I haven't added any additional drivers to make it easier to debug the system. For the same reason, I keep a clean "Resources" folder.
I have attached a cleaned up and revised config.plist for you to review and try (if you want).
Thank you very much! I'll start review and test right now!

Let me follow these steps and I'll come back with the result.

Did I understand correctly that I can avoid doing USB Mapping using USBToolBox and get by enabling XhciPortLimit and adding the USBInjectAll kext, or is this a temporary step?
This is a temporary solution, that allows you to map the USB ports in macOS.

Really great config without any trash! I've added driver details, some BoardInfo details, and I am using it now.
Port HS06 - Broadcom bluetooth module, assume this is connected to a motherboard USB2 header port. So this port should be set with 'Internal' (255) connector type, not USB2.
I used USBInjectAll kext and XhciPortLimit, now HS06 is of type "Internal", however other ports are not detected correctly. Unlocking Hack using Apple Watch works more often. But the AirPods still turn off, and the Bluetooth mouse refuses to connect at all.

For some reason, AsMedia ports isn't detected by Hackintool as connected devices. Neither Type-C nor USB-A. But they work. I connected the 2,4 mouse to the AsMedia type-A port and it worked.

I need to completely map the USB. But I can't find a tool for this. Please tell me if this tool is suitable for my case?
What confuses me is that I have an AsMedia and Intel ports, and the tool is only for Intel.

Perhaps there is a USB mapping tool? I opened a guide to manual mapping and realized that is a very responsible work.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 13.16.43.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 13.16.43.png
    234 KB · Views: 20
  • config.plist
    17.7 KB · Views: 20
Really great config without any trash! I've added driver details, some BoardInfo details, and I am using it now.

I used USBInjectAll kext and XhciPortLimit, now HS06 is of type "Internal", however other ports are not detected correctly. Unlocking Hack using Apple Watch works more often. But the AirPods still turn off, and the Bluetooth mouse refuses to connect at all.

For some reason, AsMedia ports isn't detected by Hackintool as connected devices. Neither Type-C nor USB-A. But they work. I connected the 2,4 mouse to the AsMedia type-A port and it worked.

I need to completely map the USB. But I can't find a tool for this. Please tell me if this tool is suitable for my case?
What confuses me is that I have an AsMedia and Intel ports, and the tool is only for Intel.

Perhaps there is a USB mapping tool? I opened a guide to manual mapping and realized that is a very responsible work.

Thank you.
they should not all be set to internal

I used the guide and got a result. I've attached screenshots of my motherboard plans (except USB Type-C/Type-A Asmedia).
One of the two ASMedia PXSX USB ports is a Type-C connector on the rear I/O plate, as shown in the screenshot below.
I have a problem identifying the Type-C and Type-A AsMedia port. It isn't showing up in Hackintool due to which I can't understand which of the two is Type-C and Type-A. The connected flash drive is determined by this port in Finder (Type-A).

My PC case is old and doesn't support USB 3.0. I have 2 ports (HS07/HS08) on the front panel. Do I need to set this as Internal or USB2? It's connected to the motherboard.

I have attached a screenshot of the pre-result. I need to get Hackintool to show the back AsMedia ports, then I can finally map all the ports.
they should not all be set to internal
Hello! Thanks a lot for the guidance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 15.12.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 15.12.20.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 15.41.50.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 15.41.50.png
    834.4 KB · Views: 16
  • CASENEOTECH2036BK_680x680.jpg
    CASENEOTECH2036BK_680x680.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 16.03.59.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 16.03.59.png
    190 KB · Views: 18
You need to change the connector type for ports HS01, HS02, HS03 & HS04 from USB2 to USB3, as these four ports are companion/virtual USB2 ports served by the four physical Intel USB3 ports on the rear I/O. Virtual USB2 ports should have the same connector type as the physical port they are served from.

If you recall, I told you your motherboard doesn't have any physical USB2 ports. So you should not have any ports set as USB2 in your USBPorts.kext.

HS06, HS07 and HS08 should be set as 'Internal', as these ports are served by two of the USB2 motherboard headers.

HS05 & SS05 should both be set with connector type USB3, as these are the virtual USB2 and physical USB3 port. Presumably these ports are served by a case front USB3 port, which in turn is served by the motherboard USB3 header.

ASMedia USB ports don't show in Hackintool by default. As the tool is designed to work with Intel USB controllers. But that is OK, as the ASMedia ports use the native drivers installed in macOS, don't ever exceed the 15 port limit per controller so don't need to be manually configured.

If you undertake the USB port discovery in Windows using USBToolBox from the command line, and configure a UTBMap.kext it will include the ASMedia ports in the kext.

ASMedia USB ports don't show in Hackintool by default.
Thanks for the explanation!
It seems I have everything set up.
I saved the kext and added it to config.
Disabled XHCI Port limit. Rebooted, cleared NVRAM.
Unlocking using AW works. The Bluetooth mouse doesn't connect, AirPods turn off when playing sound.
I checked the ports, the "Ultra" flash drive is detected correctly at 5 Gbps on the all ports (except the 2 front ones HS07 and HS08, it's 2.0 USB, it's ok).
For some reason, I only get 480 Mbps in the AsMedia 3.1 port (HS01).
Now I can't test the Type-C port, I don't have the appropriate equipment.

Please check if my USB settings are correct. Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Info.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 19.43.51.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 19.43.51.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 14
Back