Contribute
Register

Fenvi FV-A436CD Wi-Fi/Bluetooth issues Ventura

Let's not go off-topic for this particular thread.

Your screengrab shows that HS06 is set up correctly for the Bluetooth connection.

Anything else USB related needs a new thread in Post Installation / General Help.

Let's not go off-topic for this particular thread.
Yes, sure.
Perhaps someone has encountered the problem of low Wi-FI speed?
This is the main problem that I haven't solved...

No, it is just one of the problems you haven't solved.

The poorly configured USB setup is the main one, as this will have the most impact on your Hack. Fixing the WiFi while failing to configure your USB ports will have a much greater impact on how well your system runs.

The poor WiFi signal comes a very distant second in my opinion.

Have a read of this guide by JayMonkey regarding PCIe card WiFi Signal boosting/improvements.

Have a read of this guide by JayMonkey regarding PCIe card WiFi Signal boosting/improvements.
Thanks, I read the guide. But that's not my problem. I am in the same room with the router.
Signal / Noise: -46 dBm / -84 dBm
The problem is due to incorrect Hack settings, or a hardware failure on the network card.

There are no Hack settings required for a natively supported WiFi/BT card. So if you have added any ‘fixes’ to your setup for the Broadcom card you would be advised to remove them.

I have 10 x Apple Broadcom WiFi/BT cards on PCIe adapters. These are a mix of BCM4360CD, BCM43602CS & BCM4360CS2 Apple cards. None of them require any patches or third party kexts to work in macOS, it is the whole point of using a natively supported Apple Airport card.

On a couple of these systems I have to use AirportBrcmFixup.kext and a boot argument, as the WiFi card uses the wrong country code for Germany (DE) if I don’t set the code as GB in the config.plist. But that is as far as I ever need to go with regards applying any ‘fixes. You should be in the same position with your card.

I would recommend you do the following:
1. Remove the PCIe adapter from your system
2. Remove the WiFi/BT card from the adapter.
3. Then re-assemble the adapter and card, checking that the antenna are secure on the card.
4. Try the PCIe adapter in a different slot, assuming you have one spare.

Doesn’t matter if it is an x1, x4 or x8 slot just use a different one to the current slot you are using.

Also don’t just tell us you have already done this, do it again if that is the case.

There are no Hack settings required for a natively supported WiFi/BT card. So if you have added any ‘fixes’ to your setup for the Broadcom card you would be advised to remove them.
I didn't use any fixes.
On a couple of these systems I have to use AirportBrcmFixup.kext and a boot argument, as the WiFi card uses the wrong country code for Germany (DE) if I don’t set the code as GB in the config.plist. But that is as far as I ever need to go with regards applying any ‘fixes. You should be in the same position with your card.
I also have the wrong region (DE) specified.
Does this affect speed? I live in the EU, can this solve my problems?
I would recommend you do the following:
1. Remove the PCIe adapter from your system
2. Remove the WiFi/BT card from the adapter.
3. Then re-assemble the adapter and card, checking that the antenna are secure on the card.
4. Try the PCIe adapter in a different slot, assuming you have one spare.
I did this yesterday and I am checking.

It's gotten a little better, but the speed is still lower than necessary. Ping is high. AirPlay drops frames and audio.
First, I installed the card in a PCI x8 slot and the network card was no detected.

I installed the card in another PCI x1 slot and the card worked. But this didn't solve the problem.

Perhaps there are some additional settings in the BIOS for PCI cards?
I didn't find.
Thanks for the answer!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 12.39.50.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 12.39.50.png
    185 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 12.48.28.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 12.48.28.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
To fix the wrong country code is fairly simple.
  1. Download and install AirportBrcmFixup.kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder - https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup
  2. Add the kext to the Kernel > Add section in your config.plist.
  3. Add brcmfx-country=XX boot argument to your config.plist,
  4. Where XX is changed to the two digit country code for where you live, i.e. GB, FR, IT, BE, ES, NL, GR etc.
Depending on which release of macOS you are running, you may need to add a MaxKernel - 19.9.9 setting to the OC config.plist for AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext. As this plugin kext lost support when Big Sur was released.

The alternative if you are running Big Sur or newer version of macOS is to manually delete AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext from the AirportBrcmFixup/Contents/Plugin folder before you add the kext to your OC setup. This is my preferred option when using this kext.

As the PCIe adapter is an x1 card, installing the adapter with the Broadcom card in an x1 PCIe slot would be logical. I am not sure why it wouldn't work in an x8 slot. It should in theory work in any PCIe x1, x4, x8 or x16 slot.

Back