Graphics
nvidia 550 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well here's the deal earlier this year I was upgrading my work/VPN computer and decided to buy parts that could be made into a hackintosh after I was done with the remote equip. I followed the CustoMac Buyer's guide and got some great stuff...but then I couldn't ever get past making my Unibeast set up. I finally figured it out with the release of Mavericks.

I had a bit of a glitch when I tried to get to the installer, but then I read that "GraphicsEnabler=No" was set by default and not "Yes" as it had been previously so following the updated instructions I got it to work with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes". I used MultiBeast to set up the rest. It's great and I tell everyone about how easy it was.

The problem is when I plug in my HDMI to my LCD TV(Hannspree 32") via a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable. (I'm not using any adapters. It's just a single cable.) When I plug in the cable, I lose my 2nd monitor and the primary monitor switches to single monitor mode. It looks as if the 2nd monitor isn't even recognized and the HDMI output is zilch! I don't have the "Gather windows" button. I even looked into using SwitchResX but no luck. With the cable plugged in it doesn't even show it as an option, but with the cable unplugged everything works just fine.

I don't know where to look for help. Has anyone else had this issue? If so or you have a link that will help me, please let me know. It's the one thing that's keeping my new hack from working in the living room 100%.

Mobo : GA-Z77X-UD5H
RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Well here's the deal earlier this year I was upgrading my work/VPN computer and decided to buy parts that could be made into a hackintosh after I was done with the remote equip. I followed the CustoMac Buyer's guide and got some great stuff...but then I couldn't ever get past making my Unibeast set up. I finally figured it out with the release of Mavericks.

I had a bit of a glitch when I tried to get to the installer, but then I read that "GraphicsEnabler=No" was set by default and not "Yes" as it had been previously so following the updated instructions I got it to work with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes". I used MultiBeast to set up the rest. It's great and I tell everyone about how easy it was.

The problem is when I plug in my HDMI to my LCD TV(Hannspree 32") via a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable. (I'm not using any adapters. It's just a single cable.) When I plug in the cable, I lose my 2nd monitor and the primary monitor switches to single monitor mode. It looks as if the 2nd monitor isn't even recognized and the HDMI output is zilch! I don't have the "Gather windows" button. I even looked into using SwitchResX but no luck. With the cable plugged in it doesn't even show it as an option, but with the cable unplugged everything works just fine.

I don't know where to look for help. Has anyone else had this issue? If so or you have a link that will help me, please let me know. It's the one thing that's keeping my new hack from working in the living room 100%.

Mobo : GA-Z77X-UD5H
RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

does it work in windows?

Same issue with gtx570, working on windows, working on os x with DVI, but hdmi make the boot fails after the apple logo.
graphic enabler = yes and pcirootuid = no (the only one working configuration).

Looking for an solution since this morning, I was also unable to install nvidia drivers and cuda, cause they are not available for maverick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back