Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X750JB
CPU
Intel Core i7 4700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 + GeForce 740m
Hey guys, I've come across a tough issue. I followed this guide and came across an issue while launching the OS X installation via clover, shown in the picture provided. Please consider that I've already tried using "dart=0" in the boot flags option, booting in safe mode, tried all of the applicable solutions provided in the "Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems", used my 650 Ti instead of my 980 Ti, followed this guy's tutorial (while using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of the "Fix2" version), I've even tried putting both on at the same time.

I realize that I am using a newer, high-end rig that might run in to more problems than a normal OS X installation, but this is crazy, the only thing I can think of now is looking into the memory address the error describes and maybe fix up Clover via source (which I don't have any clue on what to do)

Also, the "Fix1" version of the Aptio .efi file gives me:

OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x16687 pages below 0x100000000)

"16687" could be anything, and the "Error allocating 0xXXXXXX" changes depending on where the USB is. I'm using a USB v3 stick on USB 2 ports, which should work, though I am trying it on a USB v2 stick, and I'll reply on how it goes when it's done; I've also replaced the "VBoxHfs-64.efi" with "HFSPlus.efi," based off of general experience.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The specs of my build should be on my profile and I've attached my EFI folder for those who want to see what's specifically inside. View attachment EFI.zip
IMG_20151225_130413.jpg

Last edited:
update

The install also doesn't work when uploaded to a USB v2 thumbstick, as originally suspected.

OsxAptioFixDrv-64/OsxAptioFixDrv2-64: can't use both, use one or the other... Test with one Video card and remove any other pci cards (wireless/blutooth/whatever)...

OsxAptioFixDrv-64/OsxAptioFixDrv2-64: can't use both, use one or the other... Test with one Video card and remove any other pci cards (wireless/blutooth/whatever)...
I stated that as one of the solutions, I only tried both of them together once. Although, I did try one OR the other. I can tell you the verbose output of both of them together if that gives a clue on what's wrong.

I had this issue suddenly show up after months of trouble-free Customac. Took me a while to realise that I'd tried enabling the onboard intel graphics as I was trying to plug into a VGA-only projector without a DVI-VGA adapter. Disabling the onboard graphics in bios fixed this immediately for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back