Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, you have the best graphics igpu option for the best performance of RX.

Reboot and when you get clover settings ready before you hit enter change the cable to the RX card and then hit enter. You should see black screen until you reach log in screen.
can I not have 2 cabels one in mobo and one in rx and I just switch the 2 from my led tv ? I am using tv for this setup ..

Your monitor needs to be connected to the card not igpu during 2nd half of clover boot process.

To check for acceleration go to about this Mac again and click on the R9 xxx and see if you have metal supported. If not you need to make the 4100 kext change again and make sure to use kext tool before you reboot. This is the most common mistake is NOT using the kext repair permissions tool before reboot.
ok I checked it says supported
Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 22.53.48.png

can u check my clover config if I need anything else before I restart

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 127
Yes, two is fine and will help you for now, later you can maximize performance by using only one.

Don't worry about the name just yet, all RX cards and fury cards have that same default name, it won't effect performance.

Focus on the AMD4100kext change. Watch the video and study the picture guide, relax and make sure you take every step slowly, if you corrupt your 4100kext by messing up the change too many times you will have to wait for an update before it will work again.

ok I checked it says supported View attachment 225285
can u check my clover config if I need anything else before I restart
Sure make sure to compress it first please.

Yes, two is fine and will help you for now, later you can maximize performance by using only one.

Don't worry about the name just yet, all RX cards and fury cards have that same default name, it won't effect performance.

Focus on the AMD4100kext change. Watch the video and study the picture guide, relax and make sure you take every step slowly, if you corrupt your 4100kext by messing up the change too many times you will have to wait for an update before it will work again.

I have a original backup of 4100kext
and thanks a lot for the support brother ... I see the gpu just not moving any fans ...hard to believe its working ....so now I have 8gb of gddr5 to use it in fcpx and photoshop and Lightroom and all other power hungry softwares ? ...do I need any more optimizations
btw in hw monitor its not showing gpu fan or temp is pch die =gpu? , cause it shows pch die

I removed all the kexts to load in kernels and kext patches. If this works now keep a copy of your current config and add them back one by one until it crashes. Otherwise, you look pretty simple which is good to get booted easily. config.plist

Thanks. I finally got it work by putting the card into the x16 slot, and that was exactly the issue.

May I ask one last question? When I was trying different config.plist, I may have used different serial numbers or switched to Macpro6,1 from iMac17,1 with the same serial number. Now I cannot activate iMessage, while iCloud and Facetime are working fine. Will I be blocked by apple for imessage? Is there any solution? Thank you

I have a original backup of 4100kext
and thanks a lot for the support brother ... I see the gpu just not moving any fans ...hard to believe its working ....so now I have 8gb of gddr5 to use it in fcpx and photoshop and Lightroom and all other power hungry softwares ? ...do I need any more optimizations
btw in hw monitor its not showing gpu fan or temp is pch die =gpu? , cause it shows pch die

It has "Autowattman" it should be controlling the fans automatically. Download Uningine Valley benchmark and run Extreme HD bench. you should hear the fans when it needs to use the power. After the benchmark 30 seconds or so you should hear the fans slow down and idle. Some cards are very quite and the fans are hard to hear.

You should be good to go, as for optiization the best is achieved using only one monitor connected to rx and doing the blind boot (second half) method.

A new fix has been reported which I will try in a few hours to increase performance of the RX 470, 480 cards, if it works I will report back.

Congrats, you did that pretty quickly I hope you enjoy it.

I have one last important question in the video I saw in the config .plist file there was a fake id for ati and injections for intel and also inject ati ...DO I COPY THOSE SETTINGS FROM THE VIDEO

I have one last important question in the video I saw in the config .plist file there was a fake id for ati and injections for intel and also inject ati ...DO I COPY THOSE SETTINGS FROM THE VIDEO

With the latest clover bootlaoder 3900+ versions if you inject ATi it will fix the name of the card to RX 480. All you ned to worry about now is the intel 0x1912003, and ig 0a206080 and fix that in your clover settings using clover configurator or similar and you should be good to go. inject ATI, and intel fix is all you need now.

Thanks. I finally got it work by putting the card into the x16 slot, and that was exactly the issue.

May I ask one last question? When I was trying different config.plist, I may have used different serial numbers or switched to Macpro6,1 from iMac17,1 with the same serial number. Now I cannot activate iMessage, while iCloud and Facetime are working fine. Will I be blocked by apple for imessage? Is there any solution? Thank you

It seems scary, but if you follow their prompts you can access in security settings the active devices you have and can delete certain models. I had that message and took the risk of inquiring (none) and found 9 different hack IDs from the last 6 months so I removed the non functional ones. Now I only have 4 models showing up. Once you clear it up everything will go back to normal for iMessage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back