Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First you have to enable your igfx and also look for the place in bios to set 64 mb igfx memory allocation, also if you have a max setting choose that as well (Gigabyte boards it should be in peripherals and Power management). You will need to get that to work first and be able to boot with igfx. If you can't get igfx to work then you will need another graphics card that is supported in Sierra in slot 1 and then put rx in slot 2.

You have Intel 530 graphics so if you have not added any fixes yet you can easily get metal support using fake id 0x19120003, and ig platform id 0a206080 in clover graphics screen at boot. this should give you Intel HD SKL CRB 1536mb. Do not inject Intel with these settings, it should pick up metal support natively.

After you have this working, then do the 4100kext change and don't forget to remove the info.plist from folder to desktop, do the changes, and then replace it to folder. After replacing it "USE" kext repair tool like Kextbeast or Kextwizzard. After you have cleared the caches then reboot and the RX should accelerate (fans) during boot, this will tell you you have got support.

Search "Enabling RX 4XX cards in Sierra" at this site and follow the process. It is a good idea to watch the video a few ties to get the idea before you jump into doing it.
I have enabled igfx but when I boot from motherboard HDMI I get only blank screen I have set 64m and max for dvmt in bios ..should I plug another cable in GPU and one in mobo when I boot from igfx from GPU I get nothing only blank screen ..but when I enable pcie slot 1 in bios then I boot from it and it shows 3 mb in about my Mac ...I am gonna put original files back n try to enable Intel HD 530 first

I have enabled igfx but when I boot from motherboard HDMI I get only blank screen I have set 64m and max for dvmt in bios ..should I plug another cable in GPU and one in mobo when I boot from igfx from GPU I get nothing only blank screen ..but when I enable pcie slot 1 in bios then I boot from it and it shows 3 mb in about my Mac ...I am gonna put original files back n try to enable Intel HD 530 first

Also check in bios if IGFX is enabled, disabled, or auto. Choose auto if you can.

Also check in bios if IGFX is enabled, disabled, or auto. Choose auto if you can.
I have igfx auto should I make initial display igfx or pcie 1

Ok I think inbetween I managed to boot with igfx and it booted up but only showed up after bios and I could not see anything until password screen in Mac OS then I saw in about my Mac and it showed r9 xxx 8 GB sothen I added the edited file of amd9500contoller then booted back now it is not booting up with password screen .I try again

I have igfx auto should I make initial display igfx or pcie 1

igfx, and if both video cards are installed its ok they should both show up along with your Igpu graphics.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 9.26.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 9.26.51 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 127
igfx, and if both video cards are installed its ok they should both show up along with your Igpu graphics.
SO I DID IT RIGHT DO I HAVE A WORKING RX 480 NOW ...I TRIED IHEX BUT I THINK ITS STOPPING MY SYSTEM TO SHOW THE SCREEN I DONT KNOW ...
Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 22.39.57.png

AND I FORGOT TO ASK DO I ALSO HAVE TO DO A FAKE ID FOR ATI IN DEVICES IN CLOVER CONFIG ?

SO I DID IT RIGHT DO I HAVE A WORKING RX 480 NOW ...I TRIED IHEX BUT I THINK ITS STOPPING MY SYSTEM TO SHOW THE SCREEN I DONT KNOW ...View attachment 225283
AND I FORGOT TO ASK DO I ALSO HAVE TO DO A FAKE ID FOR ATI IN DEVICES IN CLOVER CONFIG ?

Congrats, you have the best graphics igpu option for the best performance of RX.

Reboot and when you get clover settings ready before you hit enter change the cable to the RX card and then hit enter. You should see black screen until you reach log in screen.

do I also need too make changes in my clover config.plist ? inject anti or edit or other stuff please clarify and how to check if rx480 is enabled ...I mean it shows 8gb thats ok but name is r9 xxx ...can u explain right process to change that and how to know if I have full acceleration ..fans r idle ...

Congrats, you have the best graphics igpu option for the best performance of RX.

Reboot and when you get clover settings ready before you hit enter change the cable to the RX card and then hit enter. You should see black screen until you reach log in screen.
right now cable was on rx card only and I dint boot from mobo cable ..I only used mobo cdmi to go bacon bios and get os showing up then went back and changed the amd9500contoller back to original I think I was doing hex wrong if u can help me explain how to correctly do the hex name replace then that might work also

do I also need too make changes in my clover config.plist ? inject anti or edit or other stuff please clarify and how to check if rx480 is enabled ...I mean it shows 8gb thats ok but name is r9 xxx ...can u explain right process to change that and how to know if I have full acceleration ..fans r idle ...

Your monitor needs to be connected to the card not igpu during 2nd half of clover boot process.

To check for acceleration go to about this Mac again and click on the R9 xxx and see if you have metal supported. If not you need to make the 4100 kext change again and make sure to use kext tool before you reboot. This is the most common mistake is NOT using the kext repair permissions tool before reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back