Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Alright, so i got good news and bad news.

Good news for everyone who has trouble with Clover and El Capitan, and bad news for People with old Boards with no DSDT and shutdown problems mostly...

The good news is that the Chameleon Enoch Installer by our French friend @insanelymac works.
Much better than Chimera ever did, in my humble opinion.
Easy to set up, not much to do, and you'll have a fully functional El Capitan installation at the end. Fully functional with your kext files in S/L/E that is.

Just about everything works, Chipset/Sound/Graphics/USB at the bootloader/Windows drive detection (USB3 will obviously not bc of ElCap)... everything works except shutdown because EvOreboot.kext gives El Cap the runs. (Kernel Panic at boot)

If you got a working DSDT, then EvOreboot is not needed.

So you can have a ElCap installation with Chameleon, in case Clover will throw you a unresolvable Problem.

Because of my old X58 Chipset with it's funky shutdown problem i'll try Clover again, it's a bit more elegant solution with it's kexts in the EFI partition, and most likely i'll have to shut down the PC via a AC switch if nothing works.

Or somebody will come up with a EvOreboot.kext that El Capitain likes, then it's Chameleon Enoch.

Try it out if you got a spare drive to install it on, and especially if you gave Clover the finger already, and perhaps somebody can patch up EvOreboot a bit?
hmm?, hinthint

Download link is here
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306960-chameleon-os-x-el-capitan/page-11
(click the download button on top of the page)

Alright, so i got good news and bad news.

Good news for everyone who has trouble with Clover and El Capitan, and bad news for People with old Boards with no DSDT and shutdown problems mostly...

I also use Enoch boot on my H67 and works like a charm!
A tip... the link you provided point to a incomplete version
I use the latest one from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/
also we need a kernel.plist file in Extra/ in order to patch the Kernel on the fly!
this is the kernel.plist that I use:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>KernelPm</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>KernelLapicError</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>KernelLapicVersion</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>KernelHaswell</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>KernelcpuFamily</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>KernelSSE3</key>
	<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I use the latest one from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/
also we need a kernel.plist file in Extra/ in order to patch the Kernel on the fly!
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>KernelPm</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>KernelLapicError</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>KernelLapicVersion</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>KernelHaswell</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>KernelcpuFamily</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>KernelSSE3</key>
    <string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Are you using it with El Cap or Yosemite ?

Are you using it with El Cap or Yosemite ?

I use it with Maverick Yosemite and now El Captain, with KernelBooter_kexts my Mac is able to load FakeSMC.kext from Extra/Extension, in org.chameleon.Boot.plist I use
Code:
	<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	<string>3</string>
:wave::wave::wave:

hope this help.

hm, weird, i used that link in the first post and everythign was fine, also had the kernel plist file, and wondered what's up with that.

is there a way to load all kexts from the Extra/Extensions folder in Chameleon?

I tried all of my yosemite kexts, and they wouldn't load. kext utility didn't help
only throwing them in S/L/E worked. that's the only thing i didn't like about Chameleon/Chimera

hm, weird, i used that link in the first post and everythign was fine, also had the kernel plist file, and wondered what's up with that.

is there a way to load all kexts from the Extra/Extensions folder in Chameleon?

I tried all of my yosemite kexts, and they wouldn't load. kext utility didn't help
only throwing them in S/L/E worked. that's the only thing i didn't like about Chameleon/Chimera

In kernel.plist file look for :

<string>Yes</string>

If its not there then add it.

Obviously make sure you have an 'Extensions' folder inside of /Extra.

So... i have a Asus P8h67 motherboard. I've tried over and over to get the Unibeast 6 usb to boot, without any luck.
Is this (using Enoch Bootloader) my best bet? and if so, what kexts am I supposed to copy to /Extra/Extensions ?

Thank you in advance.

heh, you never stop to learn something new.

now about that EvOreboot.kext... :D
anybody got an idea what could be done so ElCap doesn't KP with it?

The dsdt shutdown method is working only sporadically.

So... i have a Asus P8h67 motherboard. I've tried over and over to get the Unibeast 6 usb to boot, without any luck.
Is this (using Enoch Bootloader) my best bet? and if so, what kexts am I supposed to copy to /Extra/Extensions ?

Thank you in advance.

Nothing so far, once ElCap was running, i nagged me about no internet access, so the realtek card was not found. throwing all remaining Yosemite kexts (audio/network/etc) into the folders mentioned above and running kext utility worked.

the only thing that was annoying is there was no RTC fix loaded on the Chameleon method, meaning my BIOS was reset every time the PC did a restart. once everything wa srunning, Multibeast helped out. Some options in Multibeast yosemite edition crashed the installer though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back